Regional Development Surveyor
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Plus car / car allowance
Founded in 1901, The Club is the oldest and largest in the world for all forms of camping. We operate a network of more than 120 UK campsites, We have over 200 employees based in our modern Coventry Head Office and a turnover of around £60m.
Our Property Services team is growing. We’re investing in new posts in order to further deliver outstanding campsites for our members. In the last 18 months we have either acquired, developed or built new sites in fantastic locations across the UK including the Lake District and Sherwood.
Our sites are predominantly in rural locations and typically consist of one-storey assets such as reception, shower and toilet blocks as well as hard standings, electric hook-ups and access roads.
Our Property Services team will consist of 30 employees dedicated to ensuring we have the best facilities and pitches, building on our position as the oldest and largest Club for all forms of camping in the U.K.
Our Regional Development Surveyors are responsible for managing refurbishment, fit-out and new build projects from project brief through to completion. They manage design / external consultants and contractors throughout each project, compile detailed tenders and project plans and ensure the projects are administered and delivered on time and to budget, meeting the design specifications and end customer requirements.
Our Surveyors work closely with our Maintenance team to ensure sites are developed, maintained and operating at optimum efficiency.
We have 2 posts available covering our Northern region (including Scotland) and our Southern Region. Regular meetings will need to be attended in our Coventry Headquarters, applicants based in either the midlands or these regions are welcomed.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading on specific projects within your region and assisting in other regions as required
- To produce accurate cost forecasts, producing and developing programmes of works
- To agree ideas with all interested parties, particularly the Site Operations Department
- Produce packages of Tender Documentation
- Support in the analysis of returned Tenders
- To apply technical knowledge when attending site inspections
- To work closely with other teams to ensure health and safety compliance, operational and commercial optimisation
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- In-depth building construction knowledge
- HND or higher in Building Studies or similar industry related qualification
- Knowledge of current building legislation, construction practices and materials, Contract Administration and Forms of Contract and CDM Regulations
- Ability to produce and communicate technical information in drawn and written format
- Experience of Financial forecasting
- Flexibility as overnight stays and UK travel will be required to carry out the role
- Full clean driving licence
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work. With a supportive, dedicated team and customer focused attitude. The company offers a generous annual leave entitlement and life assurance amongst other attractive benefits.
To be part of the next phase of our journey, please send your CV and cover letter, along with your salary expectation to Barny Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org