Site Assistant - Job Overview
Job Title: Site Assistant
Reports to: Site Manager
Direct Reports: None
Job Purpose: To assist in ensuring that all campers enjoy their stay on Club Sites in safety and to promote the good name of the Camping & Caravanning Club at all times. The Sites Assistant Role is underpinned by our mission statement which is: “To provide the best campsites, services and experiences”
Contract: The job is seasonal, typically from April (or May) - September and successful candidates need to be prepared to work anywhere in the UK (including Scotland and Northern Ireland).
Complete the Application Form.
Job Description / Required Competencies
Friendly Customer Focus
Adopting the Club working practices and procedures to ensure the delivery of consistently high standards of customer service in the spirit of the Friendly Club.
- Wears a genuine smile
- Welcomes new and returning customers in a friendly and helpful manner
- Provides a safe and caring environment across the site
- Responds to the changing needs of customers, while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Act as a Club Ambassador and exceeds customers' expectations wherever possible
- Takes personal responsibility to resolve enquiries, requests or complaints
Working together as a team, fostering collaboration, and promoting an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Relates well to all Club staff by being friendly and approachable
- Willingly shares relevant information and expertise with all Club staff
- Builds trust in relationships through maintaining confidentiality, treating colleagues fairly and keeping commitments
- Develops positive and constructive working relationships with all Club staff
- Cooperates with others and seeks information as required
- Accomplishes shared goals through accepting joint responsibility
Using effective communication to make a positive impact on the audience, generate enthusiasm, solve problems, improve quality and satisfy Campers.
- Speaks clearly face to face and over the telephone
- Uses appropriate non-verbal communication (eye contact, gestures, posture) when communicating with others
- Demonstrates openness and receptivity to embrace new information and updates from the Management Hierarchy & relevant HQ Personnel
- Receives instructions or ideas attentively and keeps others informed & up-to-date
- Expresses information in writing clearly and concisely via email, letter/memo's and other written forms of communication
Ensuring site facilities, services and products are available, operational and maintained to a high standard and following all health and safety requirements.
- Deals with the day-to-day challenges faced on a busy Club site without the need for constant supervision
- Follows all Club systems and procedures
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of DIY
- Undertakes all aspects of site operations including: general upkeep of the site and minor repairs; ground care and grass cutting; inspection & minor maintenance; cleanliness of amenities, Reception & service areas
IT & Office Duties
Following the Club's standardised office and on-line systems and processes, to ensure consistency of administration across the UK Club Sites Network.
- Organises the Reception layout and display of essential information
- Manages bookings over the telephone and face-to-face following the correct procedures
- Uses the Microsoft Office software packages: Outlook for writing & responding to emails; Word & Excel where needed
- Manages the check-in and check-out process
- Perform financial reconciliation duties eg. daily/weekly cash reconciliation
- Maintains accurate information, records and files
Planning, Organisation & Flexibility
Planning and organising the job and flexibly accommodating priorities around the needs of the Club and its members, whilst following through on deadlines.
- Plans ahead to ensure all tasks are completed
- Takes responsibility for own work to achieve quality results
- Shows flexibility in coping with multiple and changing priorities
- Makes timely and considered decisions
- Works to agreed schedules and rosters
- Meets deadlines and follows through on commitments
Building up a general knowledge of the business over time, and uses this knowledge and experience to promote the Club and its services.
- Takes pride in the site through initiatives like the mini-library
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities to increase Club revenue
- Utilises opportunities to promote the Club's products and services
- Promotes the site, the local area and its opportunities
- Maintains a comprehensive range of tourist information