Benefits of running a campsite through The Camping and Caravanning Club
Apply now to run your own campsite
There are a number of benefits to running a campsite, particularly if you enjoy meeting new people and showcasing the area you live in. However, if you are thinking of setting up a campsite business, then doing this with the help and support of a well-established organisation such as The Camping and Caravanning Club can make the journey smoother, and the rewards even greater.
Here are some of the reasons why you could benefit from launching your campsite business through The Camping and Caravanning Club:
- The Camping and Caravanning Club has special exemptions to run small sites, meaning that no planning permission or site licence is needed from your Local Authority, so it is easier to open a site with us than independently. (link to page about the Club)
- There’s no set up charge from the Club, the costs for setting up the sites are low, plus you keep all the returns, allowing you to maximise the money you make from your land.
- You can open your site for the traditional camping season or all year round – enabling you to earn a year-round sustainable income.
- Your site will only be open to Club members, so you know that you will be getting dedicated campers using your site who will look after it. You can also sell membership onsite and earn income on that too!
- As the only Club with the expertise and desire to help everyone share the adventure of the outdoors, The Camping and Caravanning Club gives you access to caravanners, motorhomers and tent campers, meaning that you can make extra money. Your new site can accommodate up to five caravans or motorhomes, plus up to ten tents (unless express permission to have more has been granted by the Club).
- We will promote your site through our online site search facility, which is freely available to members and non-members, and through our biennial publication Your Big Sites Book – received by all members. (link to ongoing support and promotion)
- We will assess your site on an annual basis to provide you with feedback on how you can get the most from your land.
- We will provide you with a Certificated Site sign (free of charge) to encourage passing trade and help members spot your site. The recognised brand of The Camping and Caravanning Club will help encourage more people to stay with you.
- You will receive relevant news and information through the Certificated Sites newsletter, offering you help and support, along with tips and advice from fellow campsite owners. We are also happy to hear from you with any information you would like publicise.
We have a dedicated support team on hand to help you with any queries you may have before you begin the journey, when setting up your campsite and when managing its day to day running. The team can be contacted at any time on 024 7647 5198 – if they’re not available they’ll give you a call back – or emailed at email@example.com.