About The Camping and Caravanning Club and our members
Apply now to run your own campsite
The Camping and Caravanning Club has been helping members and non-members to make the most of the outdoors since 1901. With over 520,000 members and a continually growing network of sites, the Club is in the perfect position to guide, assist and support you throughout your journey in starting a campsite.
The Camping and Caravanning Club has special exemptions to run small sites, meaning that no planning permission or site licence is needed from your Local Authority.
About the Club’s Exemptions
In legal terms, “under the terms of Paragraph 5 of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act (1960), The Camping and Caravanning Club is entitled, as long as the basic requirements are met, to issue a certificate to a landowner for the use of an assigned area of land, for not more than five members’ caravans or motorhomes without the landowner having to obtain planning permission.”
In addition, under the terms of the Public Health Act of 1936, landowners may also accommodate members who wish to camp with their tent or trailer tent.
However, you must remember that whether the member is camping in a tent, caravan, motorhome or trailer tent, they may only camp on your site for a maximum of 28 days at a time.
About our members
The Camping and Caravanning Club has over 520,000 members spread across the UK, with varying levels of camping experience. As a campsite owner, you can play a major role in making everyone’s camping experience an enjoyable adventure.
You can help these members to get the most out of their stay by helping them to get to know the local area and the must-see attractions it offers. You may wish to think about having a small information point on the site, or even linking activities with your other businesses.
What you can ask of our members
- They must abide by Club regulations and always carry their membership card(s) and be prepared to produce this when requested
- The owner is in sole charge of the site and our members must follow their instructions at all times
- Current fees must be paid in full as requested by the site owner
- For safety reasons, their unit must be pitched so that the outside edge of the caravan, tent, trailer tent, motor caravan, and awning, is a minimum of six metres from an adjacent unit
- They must use the sanitary facilities provided in a proper manner
- To make no noise or move vehicles between 11.00pm and 7.00am
- Children must be under supervision at all times
- Dogs and other pets must be kept under control at all times
- The Club accepts no responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to persons or property arising from the use of a Certificated Site.
We have a dedicated team who are here to help you every step of the way. The Exempted Camping team will support you with every aspect of becoming and being a Certificated Site owner. They are available on 024 7647 5198 or email email@example.com