USA touring holidays

To enquire call 024 7647 5340 or

Utilities in USA motorhomes

During your touring holiday in the USA you will need to use both gas and electricity, so it is important to understand their uses before you go. Your escorted tour will include your motorhome’s first fill of propane and unlimited generator use.


Electricity is supplied at an alternating current of 110V/120V, as opposed to the 220V/240V in Europe. The frequency of American electricity is 60Hz. Your motorhome will have the appropriate hook-up equipment.

You will need to buy a voltage selector and universal adapter (available in most hardware or electrical shops in the UK) to use appliances such as a shaver or hair dryer in US electrical sockets, unless your individual appliances have a feature to deal with this.

Propane gas

Your motorhome heating and cooking facilities run off propane stored in a tank on the motorhome. You can fill up your propane tank at petrol stations. The attendants will fill it for you. A propane tank should never be more than three quarters full.

Accuracy of information: The information provided here was correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of writing (29 July 2012).

Share this: