Moroccan Escorted Tour
39 day Escorted Tour of Morocco
21 September - 29 October 2015
From £2590 Motorhome + 2 people
From £2610 Caravan + 2 people
From ancient ruins of Imperial cities and the smell of sun-baked sand to busy modern towns and bustling souks scented in spice and endless promises. Highlights include:
- 38 nights accommodation at handpicked campsites.
- A coach excursion to Casablanca
- Two excursions to Marrakech
- A visit to the UNESCO Kasbahs in Ait Ben Haddou
To book call us on 024 7642 2024 or enquire online
We are delighted to be offering a new extended and revised Escorted Tour of Morocco in 2015. The full itinerary and map will be available shortly.
- Tarifa to Tangier return ferry crossing
- Sightseeing programme and entrance fees as detailed in the itinerary.
- Tour pitch fees with hook up (where available).
- Services of Dutch Tour Escorts.
- Several lunches and dinners.
- Travel pack with map of Morocco, pennon, name badges, itinerary and information.
- Return ferry crossings from the UK - please ask for a quote for the best and most convenient route to suit you.
- Personal expenditure - fuel, food, tolls, tips or personal excursions.
- Personal Insurance (which is compulsory) and Vehicle Breakdown Insurance must be taken out prior to leaving the UK. You must have a Green Card to drive your vehicle in Morocco, this is proof that the minimum third party liability cover required by law is in force. Please contact your vehicle insurer to arrange this.
Preparing to go
Your vehicle should be fully serviced (essential for breakdown insurance cover) – ask your service agent if different filters etc. are needed for desert use.
- It is VITAL that you have all your original vehicle documents with you for processing in Morocco. Vehicle insurance (Green Card) must show “Morocco” or “MA” and that you are covered. UK Driving Licences are accepted and your passport should have at least six months left to run before the actual expiry date.
- It is not possible to purchase dirham (Moroccan currency) prior to arrival in Morocco. ATMs are available throughout Morocco.
- Please note that pets are not allowed on this Escorted Tour.
What we say…
If you have been on previous Club escorted tours, you’ll find this one different. Morocco is a fascinating place to discover and you will stay at a variety of places, which range from full facility campsites to simple informal sites with or without hook-ups or washblocks. Campsites are basic by European standards and you may prefer to use your own on-board facilities, rather than those provided on the campsites.
If you’re planning to take part in our tour of Morocco and apply for a Club Motoring Supercover policy*, you can apply for a free endorsement that will extend your policy to cover Morocco provided your vehicle is under ten years old. The endorsement is only valid on tours which have been organised through The Camping and Caravanning Club and cannot be used to cover private trips to Morocco. Although an endorsement is required for vehicle breakdown cover in Morocco, please be advised that the Club's Personal Travel insurance automatically includes assistance in Morocco. For more information and to purchase insurance please call us on 0845 130 7701.
The cover provided for Morocco differs from that of Europe, but still offers the following benefits:
- If your vehicle breaks down or is involved in an accident within seven days of your planned departure date, providing you purchased your cover at least 10 days prior to your planned departure, Aria Assistance will pay up to £750 in total towards the additional cost of rebooking any sea crossing missed as a result of an insured incident and if your vehicle is useable within 24 hours after your planned departure time.
- Up to £250 roadside assistance.
- Repatriation up to the market value of the vehicle.
- Replacement driver, if the only driver becomes ill and is unable to drive your vehicle home.
Please note that certain restrictions apply because of difference in network coverage provided by garages and repairers in the area. As network coverage is less comprehensive than in Europe, assistance could take longer to reach you and roadside assistance and/or repairs could be limited. Many UK and Spanish hire car companies will not allow customers to take vehicles to Morocco and as such no cover is provided under their hire policy for such a situation.
*Please see our 2014 European Summer Brochure for further details of motoring and personal travel insurance available through the Club.
Tour Gallery - 7 photos
Morocco The seafront at Essaouira (©_Bob_and_Sue_Moore)
Morocco The blue walls of Chefchaouen
Morocco Ruins at Volubilis
Morocco Club members relaxing in the Sahara (© Bob-and_Sue_Moore)
Morocco An evening briefing with the tour leader
Morocco En route in Morocco (© Bob_and_Sue_Moore)
Morocco Camel near the overnight camp in Erg Chebbi (© Bob_and_Sue Moore)
Enquiring about European Holidays
To find out more or to book call us on 0845 130 7701 or 024 7642 2024.
Need a unit? Hire one online
If you don't have your own vehicle to take part in our tours, then you can use our online ‘Book & Go’ service to hire one instead.
Search for different motorhome providers throughout Europe. Compare unit types and prices with just a few clicks, then simply book online once you’ve found the right motorhome for you.
ABTA and ATOL protected
to download the ATOL factsheet for holiday protection information and more...
Please see our booking conditions for information on how financial protection applies to your booking.