Self Catering Terms and Conditions
1. Bookings are accepted only from guests aged 21 or above. Bookings are not accepted for party events, stag or hen party groups or similar. The Club reserves the right to refuse bookings should they appear unsuitable for the property, and reserves the right to refuse admission on arrival if any aspect of the booking is misrepresented. In this event a full refund would be provided.
2. Advance bookings are to be made via Club Headquarters or Site and a non-refundable booking deposit of £100 per week, which is payable at the time of booking, must be paid for by credit or debit card or cheque or postal order made payable to “The Camping and Caravanning Club”. Bookings for Alton, the Star and Gullivers Safari Tents, which are less than 7 days require full payment at the time of booking.
3. The balance is payable 28 days prior to date of arrival. The balance due date will be advised in the booking confirmation letter or email; no further reminder will be sent. Failure to pay the balance at this time will constitute cancellation of the booking and the deposit will be forfeited. The deposit is refundable if the Club does not accept the booking. If any payment you make is not honoured for any reason whatsoever the Club is entitled to make an administration charge of £10.
4. Bookings due to commence within 28 days must be paid for in full with a Credit/Debit card.
5. To cancel your booking, you will need to give notice to The UK Sites Department at Club Headquarters*. If we receive this notice 28 days or more before the date of your booking starts, we will refund all the money you have paid except the deposit. If we receive the notice less than 28 days before the date the booking starts, we will charge you 50 per cent of the full amount for the accommodation, subject to the minimum deposit amount of £100 being retained. If we receive the notice less than seven days before the booking starts we will be unable to offer a refund. The Club therefore recommends that a personal holiday cancellation insurance policy be taken out. In respect of short breaks at Alton, The Star, if we receive notice of the cancellation 28 days or more before the booking starts, a £30 cancellation fee is applied. If we receive the notice less than 28 days before the date the booking starts we will charge you 50 per cent of the full amount for the accommodation. If we receive the
notice less than seven days before the booking starts we will be unable to offer a refund.
* Cancellations for Teversal Safari Tent can be done via Club Headquarters or via the Site direct.
6. The properties can only be occupied for recreational purposes and are subject to a maximum of 21 nights for any one visit. An interval of a least 7 nights must elapse before a return holiday.
7. The number of people occupying the property must not exceed the number booked. You and all members of the holiday party further agree not to use the property for any commercial purpose, including without limitation assigning or subletting it or otherwise allowing anyone to occupy the property, which has not previously been accepted by the Club. The Club’s representative at the property reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
20. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, The Camping and Caravanning Club are the sole data controller of all personal data provided to the Club by customers and prospective customers. In order to process your booking, the Club will need to collect certain personal details from you. These details will include your name and address, and where applicable credit/debit card or other payment details. The Club also needs to process and store your personal details for their own administration, marketing analysis and operational
reviews. If your contact details have changed or you no longer wish to receive information on Self-Catering Holidays please notify the Club in writing at the address overleaf.
8. The Club’s representative reserves the right to decline accommodation to, or expel any guest or visitor for conduct, which in their sole view is detrimental to the accommodation or the comfort of other visitors. The representative including contractors working on behalf of the Club reserves the right to enter the property at any time but will endeavour to do so when convenient to the guest.
9. In the event of a refusal to hand over the property or repossession on the grounds set out in Clauses 7 and 8, the Club shall not be liable to make a refund of any monies paid.
10. The guest undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the property in the same state of repair and condition as found at the commencement of the holiday (reasonable wear and tear excepted). A full contents inventory is available at each property for guest’s information. Any costs incurred to repair or replace damages caused by guests will be reclaimed by the Club against the person making the booking. To cover possible damage or excessive cleaning charges, an additional security deposit of
£100 is payable on arrival. Provided there is no loss, damage or repairs incurred during the stay, this deposit is refundable within 14 working days of departure.
11. Only one car may be parked in the area adjacent to the property. Other cars may be parked elsewhere on the campsite and subject to the discretion of the Club’s representative. *Except Veryan who will allow two cars.
12. The Club will not accept liability or responsibility for the death of or personal injury to the guest resulting from proven negligence of them. The Club will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to the property of the guest, including personal belongings, cash, jewellery and motor vehicles, however caused during their holiday.
13. The Club’s responsibility and financial liability (excluding any liability for death or personal injury due to negligence) shall be limited to the return of monies received in the event of accommodation, booked in good faith, not being available owing to exceptional weather conditions, flood or fire, or such other cause beyond their control.
14. It is requested that the guests arrive at the properties between the times of 4pm* & 6pm (*Veryan and Gullivers Safari Tents guests can arrive from 3pm) to ensure a personal welcome and receipt of the property keys. Guests must vacate the property by 11am** (**Veryan, Alton and Ashbourne guests must vacate by 10am) on the day of departure and keys must be returned to site reception.
15. Where pets are permitted*, no more than two are allowed at any one time and they must be kept under control at all times. No pet is allowed to be loose on the site. Pets must be exercised either in the special area provided or off the site. Owners are responsible for clearing up areas fouled by their pets on the site.
*Sites that allow pets in Self Catering Accommodation: Ashbourne Cabin (one pet only); Cheddar; Lauder; Teversal Holiday Caravan; Troutbeck
Sites that do not allow pets in Self Catering Accommodation: Alton, The Star; Ashbourne Apartment; Boroughbridge; Gullivers Safari Tent; Moreton Portland & Lulworth; Rhandirmwyn; Teversal Safari Tent; Teversal Camping Cabin; Theobalds Park; Veryan; Winchcombe
16. All properties are situated within the Camping and Caravanning Club Sites*. Therefore all Club policies must be
adhered to and a copy is available from reception.
*Ashbourne Self Catering unit is 80m from Site Entrance
17. In order to receive the Member Rate or Age Concession Rate at least one Full Member or Age Concession Member must reside for the duration of the holiday at the property. The difference in price will be required on arrival if the information you have supplied is incorrect. *Not applicable at Teversal Safari Tent, Teversal Camping Cabin or Ashbourne Cabin. ACR rate not applicable at Gullivers Safari Tents.
18. All Self-Catering properties abide by the No Smoking law.
19. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the brochure/other material and prices at the time of printing, errors occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen property and arrangements (including the price) with the Club at the time of booking. The Club will, however, use its best endeavours to notify you of any changes to or inaccuracies in any information contained in the brochure or otherwise provided to you as soon as reasonably practical after the Club becomes aware of the change or inaccuracy.
21. Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If, however, we have not met your expectations, it is essential that you contact the Club’s onsite representative immediately.
If, after this, you feel that the issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, and for the benefit of future holidaymakers please address your concerns in writing to the Customer Services Officer, UK Club Sites at the Club’s Headquarters address. This procedure is designed to ensure the speediest possible investigation into your concerns.
22. When you book a Self Catering property, you enter into a contract with the Camping and Caravanning Club.
Nothing in these conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
23. Own bed linen is required at all properties except for, Ashbourne Apartment, Boroughbridge, Rhandirmwyn, Theobalds Park, Winchcombe and Veryan.
You will need to bring your own Towels and Tea Towels.
24. The Club reserve the right to alter Terms & Conditions at any time.
Wk = Price in £’s per week
SB = Price in £’s per short break
EN = Price in £’s pre extra night
The tariff is based per property and includes VAT at 20 per cent and all utility costs.
Holidays for complete weeks commence on a Saturday* and short breaks can start any day** subject to availability.
Short break holidays are for 3 nights*** and are available from 4 weeks**** prior to arrival, subject to availability. Outside these parameters the minimum stay period is one week.
*Week Long Holidays at Teversal Safari Tent can conmmence on any day of the week. Week Long Holidays at Teversal Camping Cabin or Gullivers Safari Tents can only begin on a Friday or Monday.
**Short Breaks at Teversal Camping Cabin or Gullivers Safari Tents can only start on a Monday (4 Nights) or Friday (3 Nights). Short breaks at Teversal Safari Tent can begin on any day of the week.
***2 Night minimum stay for Alton, The Star and Ashbourne Cabin (on contacting Ashbourne directly). Three or Four Night minimum stays available at Teversal (all units) and Gullivers Safari Tents.
**** Short break holidays can be booked any time of the year at Alton, The Star, Teversal Safari Tent and Teversal Camping Cabin.
Glamping Ts and Cs
Our General Terms and Conditions can be found at www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/generalterms
Please visit the links below for each site's individual terms and conditions.