Veryan Local Information
Local tourist information
- Pendower Beach is a couple of miles away. It has low, soft cliffs and rock pools – designated Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
- There is a shingle beach at the attractive fishing village of Portloe
- The Eden Project is a global garden, housed under biodomes.
- Veryan Galleries has been displaying the work of local artists for nearly 30 years.
- The National Trust gardens of Trelissick are on the River Fal.
- The city of Truro has a gothic cathedral and a good shopping centre.
- There are new screens at the Lost Gardens of Heligan, showing live, close-up images of the wildlife.
- Charlestown is home to the Shipwreck and Heritage Centre.
- Take the foot ferry from St Mawes to Falmouth to visit the National Maritime Museum Cornwall.
- The China Clay Country Park is in 26 acres of woodland in the Ruddle Valley on the outskirts of St Austell.
- The Roseland Visitor Centre at St Mawes gives information on local carnival dates, fetes and regattas.
- The Acorn Trail passes a mile-and-a-half from the Site.
- Cyclists can join the National Cycle Network at the Site entrance.
- There is a general store a mile from the site, plus a pub in the village.
Nearest train station: Truro – 12 miles
Nearest bus: 0.25 mile from site entrance - routes to Truro