Local information for Ashbourne
Our lovely Club Site at Ashbourne is perfectly located for exploring the Derbyshire Peaks and Dales and is close to the market town.
- There are several National Trust properties in the area, including the 18th century mansion of Kedleston Hall and Sudbury Hall, with its Museum of Childhood.
- Carsington Water offers excellent bird-watching, water sports, fishing and walking facilities.
- The spa town of Buxton has magnificent architecture and the world-famous opera house.
- The stately homes of Haddon Hall and Chatsworth House are still occupied by their families and welcome visitors.
- The Heights of Abraham has been welcoming visitors since 1780. It has show caverns, acres of woodland and cable cars.
- Gulliver’s is a family theme park with many rides and attractions. Matlock Bath has had a roller coaster since Victorian times.
- The market town of Ashbourne is known as the gateway to Dovedale. It hosts many events during the year, including street football, a Highland Gathering and an international arts festival.
- The Tissington Trail follows the old railway line from Ashbourne to Parsley Hay. It is just one of many lovely walks and cycle paths in the area.
- The Derbyshire Well Dressing season runs from May to September. Visitors are encouraged to enjoy the beautifully decorated springs and wells.
Nearest train station: Belper 10 miles
Nearest bus: 100m from Site entrance