BRIDLINGTON OLD TOWN FESTIVAL DAY
This event has finished
When: 29 Jun 2014
Cost: Adult Free
Opening hours: 11:44am-6pm
Website: Visit website
Add to Calendar
The Old Town in Bridlington’s Old Town is a charming pocket of Yorkshire, full of fascinating architecture and cultural history, as well as Georgian shops and stylish galleries. The area boasts the historic 900 year old Priory Church.
Bridlington' Prize Winning Town Crier David Hinde will be on hand throughout the day to keep you abreast of what’s happening and what not to miss. Take in the many events and activities scheduled for the day (detailed below), and enjoy a stroll through this picturesque quarter of Bridlington, where many artists have taken up residence, with several galleries and studios that will appeal to your creative side.
- A Sarah Muir Celebrity Chef Cookery Theatre in The Priory Rooms working alongside a selection of High Quality Local Food Suppliers and Brass Castle Brewery from Malton.
- Over 50 Morris Dancers will be performing from York,Ripon,Yorkshire Coast Scarborough,Beverley,Hull and Bridlington
- Mini –Acoustic Festival in the Ancient Market Place with Award Winning Singer Songwriter David Swann and Guests including Ruby Macintosh who last year played at Harewood House for HRH Prince Of Wales & HRH Duchess Of Cornwall during their Yorkshire Tour (which included Bridlington Priory celebrating its 900 years Anniversary).
- Over 50 Craft & Food Stalls throughout High Street,Market Place & Priory Green,will bring the best of local produce & suppliers to the many visitors to the Festival Day.
- The ‘What The Dickens Theatre Group’,Bridlington Spa & Classic Cars and Traditional Fairground Rides for The Children and a Greyhound Show,and other street entertainers are some of the other attractions.
- Bridlington’s Town Crier David Hinde (The Worlds Loudest Town Crier) will be announcing the Days Events.
- Baylegate Museum is open from 11.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m. on the Festival Day. The Baylegate Museum is the former entrance to the Augustinian Priory, and now houses a museum dedicated to the history of the town of Bridlington. Features life size figures, interactive games and fun for all the family.
Bridlington Old Town
Market Place Old Town, Bridlington, East Riding Of Yorkshire, YO16 4QJ
Follow Signs For The Old Town From Bridlington
ROAD CLOSURES IN PLACE In Market Place &
Event details can change.
Please check with the organisers that the event is happening before making travel arrangements.