Explore Archaeology on Salisbury Plain
This event has finished
Where: Barrow Clump, Durrington, Wilts, Salisbury
When: 20 Jul 2013
Opening hours: 10am-4pm
Website: Visit website
Discover amazing archaeology and spectacular artefacts at Barrow Clump, a Bronze Age burial mound and Saxon cemetry being excavated by injured soldiers and Wessex Archaeology as part of Operation Nightingale.
- Experience a real archaeological dig
- Witness the discovery of Saxon burials
- Meet archaeologists and learn about their work
- View some fascinating artefacts from the excavation
- Handle replica Saxon artefacts fronm Salisbury Museum
- Get "hands on" in the mini dig
- Make and decorate your own clay pot
- Meet Channel 4's Time Tema favourite Phil Harding
Drive north on A345 from the Amesbury junction of the A303, crossing onw roundabout. Turn right at the "C" tank crossing and follow signs to the parking area. Please note that the site is a 15 minute walk from the parking area. Limited spaces are available at the site for those with walking difficulties. Contact Laura Joyner on 01722 326867 for more details.
Event details can change.
Please check with the organisers that the event is happening before making travel arrangements.