Share your camping recipe
Cooking and eating is all part of the camping experience, even more so if the ingredients you use come from farm shops and farmers’ markets local to your site. We hope our Eat Local campaign will inspire you to seek out this local produce and create some really tasty recipes with your finds.
Here’s your chance to share your favourite or newly-created camping recipes with us online. Over the next six months we’re inviting you to email us your camping recipes – we will publish our favourites online.
Every month, starting in April, Ali Ray will pick out her favourite recipe and the sender will receive a fantastic prize from one of our Eat Local partners – Calor and Outwell. From these six monthly winners, Ali will pick her overall favourite recipe and the sender stands to win a fantastic prize, courtesy of our partners.
The lucky winner will be announced at the Motorhome and Caravan Show, 19-23 October 2013 at Birmingham’s National Exhibition Centre.
Share your Recipe Now
Each month, if your recipe is published, you could win:
Calor’s new Grill2Go: Boost your culinary creativity with this compact, portable cooking unit that sears, grills and boils. Features include a cast iron reversible cooking surface. £39.99. Prize will be supplied with a 15kg cyclinder.
Outwell’s Chill-bin XL: A handy 50-litre coolbag ideal for
keeping food and drinks cool until you’re ready to cook. £54.99
Our overall winning recipe sender will receive:
- This Calor table top patio heater to help keep you warm long after the sun goes down, worth £89.99.
- This Cadac Carri Chef Deluxe courtesy of Calor, worth £189.99, will boil, bake, grill, roast, fry, stir fry and barbecue thanks to its four interchangeable cooking surfaces –barbecue, skottel-wok, non-stick reversible grill and dome (lid). Its detachable, lightweight aluminium legs can be stored alongside the entire unit in its carry bag.
- No picnic is complete without a table. With the Outwell Dawson you get chairs too and a very nice bamboo table top set in an aluminium frame. £94.99.
- Packed with the latest energy saving technology Outwell’s 25-litre ECOcool Green coolbox, worth £89.99, will come in handy to keep your food fresh for longer at approximately 20 degrees below the outside temperature.
- And this stylish Outwell picnic set (Picnic Calabash Summer), worth £49.99, holds a complete dinner set for four and features a larger cooler compartment as well as an insulated bottle holder.
Share your recipe now and be in with a chance of winning these fantastic prizes