Lamb Kofta Pittas
Lamb Kofta Pitta Ingredients
- 400g of lamb mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of garam masala
- Fresh Coriander (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli sauce or can use ½ teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- 4 soft white pitas
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- Half red onion sliced (optional)
- Salad leaves
- Small pot of natural yoghurt
Makes 8 good-sized burger-shaped koftas
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
We can all buy cheap processed burgers. But with these Lamb Kofta Burgers you know exactly what is in them, and they taste amazing. They are so quick and simple to make – all in one bowl.
- Grate onion and finely chop garlic cloves.
- Slice tomatoes and red onion (if used).
- Tip the mince into a big bowl, with all the burger ingredients. Get your hands in there and mix and squelch all the ingredients together.
- When you are satisfied that it is all mixed well together. Mould the mixture into 8 separate patties or burger shapes.
- Brush/rub your grill or griddle with oil then lay your burgers over a medium to high heat.
- 5-6 minutes on each side until browned and cooked though.
- Then pile into the pittas with tomatoes, onion and leaves and drizzle the yoghurt on the top.