Celebrate NCCW with the Club
The Camping and Caravanning Club is inviting holidaymakers to join them to celebrate National Camping and Caravanning Week (Monday, May 27 to Sunday, June 2) to continue to raise awareness of the nation’s love for camping, caravanning and the great outdoors.
And to mark the occasion, the Club is hosting a number of exciting events on selected Club Sites and Camping in the Forest Sites – including a showcase event at its Hertford Site.
Each event has a ‘Club Perks’ theme that demonstrates the benefits of camping; whether it’s a leisurely family bike ride, great food or family-friendly games and competitions, the week will have something for everyone to enjoy.
And thanks to leading industry partners; Hertford Club Site will have a whole host of camping ‘Perks’ available for on-site campers to experience on Friday, May 31.
You can discover Hertford’s wildlife on a nature walk with Club President and celebrity botanist David Bellamy, join Sustrans on a guided cycle ride, try tent painting with Outwell and Easy Camp, explore the latest 2014 Elddis prototype caravan, browse the local farmers’ market, visit a petting zoo, plus much more!
Rachel Moncrieff, Marketing and Communications Manager at Elddis, said: "Elddis is always delighted to support NCCW - the event that celebrates all that camping and caravanning has to offer.
“This coming year marks Elddis's 50th Anniversary and the launch of some very exciting new model line-ups. We want to treat NCCW guests to a tantalising taster of what Elddis has in store for the 2014 season! Not only will this be the very first public viewing, but guests will also be able to ask Elddis about our exclusive SoLiD Construction and the benefits of fully-bonded vehicles."
Sustrans Chief Executive, Malcolm Shepherd, added; “Sustrans is delighted to be leading several guided bike rides at the NCCW event at Hertford. The rides will be led by our volunteers and are a great way for families to stay fit and healthy by getting out and about on their bikes and exploring the countryside together.”
Camping is one of the nation’s most popular pastimes and offers many benefits. Outwell’s, Clive Garrett, said: “A big perk for campers is having fun while spending quality time with friends and family - we’re looking forward to sharing that fun with everyone camping at the Club’s superb Hertford site over NCCW.
“We fully support the Club’s continuing Real Richness campaign and the Club Perk theme – it’s time to let all non-campers know what they are missing!”
Robert Louden, the Club’s Director General, added: “There are so many ‘Perks’ to experience when out camping – they can be as small as enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset, spotting a rare animal when out walking or even popping down to the farmers’ market to taste some local produce; either way, camping has something for everyone.
“We look forward to welcoming campers to our Club and Camping in the Forest Sites and we hope they’ll join us for National Camping and Caravanning Week to experience some of our many Club Perks!”
More information on NCCW, and news on the many events taking place, can be found on the Club’s website: www.nccw.co.uk
To book a pitch at any of our UK Club Sites telephone; 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or online; www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
To book at pitch at any of our Camping in the Forest Sites telephone; 0845 130 8224 or 024 7642 3008 or online; www.campingintheforest.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 19 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- For further information about award-winning Outwell family camping visit outwell.com For press enquiries and to discuss camping equipment please contact Outwell Communications Executive, Clive Garrett, email@example.com
- Sustrans is the charity that’s enabling people to travel by foot, bike or public transport for more of the journeys we make every day. It’s time we all began making smarter travel choices. Make your move and support Sustrans today. www.sustrans.org.uk