Camping Gives People a Reason to be Cheerful
Search Press Releases
Thursday 23 May 2013
Following a year of excitement and merriment, The Camping and Caravanning Club is determined to ‘Perk’ up the nation and give holidaymakers a reason to celebrate the summer season in 2013.
The announcement comes after a recent Onepoll survey, which was carried out on behalf of the Club, revealed that 63 per cent of those interviewed felt that Britain, as a nation, has nothing to look forward to this summer – and 60 per cent agreed that they have nothing to look forward to personally!
However, it seems that camping is a tonic for glumness as 81 per cent of the people agreed that the thought of going on a camping trip cheers them up!
And with 84 per cent of people wanting to explore more of the UK; the Club is giving holidaymakers even more reasons to enjoy a ‘staycation’ by offering a number of inspirational ‘Perks’ to enhance their camping experience further.
The Club has a ‘Perk’ for everyone – whether they like unique Club Site locations, local attractions and events, or the enthusiasm of the Holiday Site Teams; the list is endless.
And there’s certainly an appetite for camping ‘Perks’ as other key findings include:
- 81% of people agree that in 2013, they plan to camp somewhere new
- 85% agreed that life’s too short and we should make the most of it
- 84% want to feel inspired about what to do when on a camping trip
- 82% want to experience something new when camping in 2013
Join the Club and pitch up during National Camping and Caravanning Week (Monday, May 27 to Sunday, June 2, 2013) to discover the many ‘Perks’ of camping with the Club – including a showcase event at its Hertford Club Site on Friday, May 31.
For more information on National Camping and Caravanning Week, and news on the many events taking place, visit: www.nccw.co.uk
Robert Louden, the Club’s Director General, said: “There are so many ‘Perks’ to experience when out camping – they can be as small as enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset, spotting a rare animal when out walking or popping down to the farmers’ market to taste some local produce; either way, camping has something for everyone.
“We look forward to welcoming campers to our Club Sites and we hope they’ll join us for National Camping and Caravanning Week to celebrate the nation’s love for camping, caravanning and the great outdoors – and experience some of our Club Perks at the same time!”
To book a pitch at any of our UK Club Sites telephone; 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or online; www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 19 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club has had a regular publication for 108 years.