Winchcombe Club Site Wins Tourism Award
Winchcombe Camping and Caravanning Club Site has been announced as a gold star winner in the annual Cotswold Tourism Awards.
The Club Site won the prestigious Cotswold Tourism Caravan and Camping Site Award for 2012.
The Club Site was recognised after a panel of expert judges acknowledged the site’s success and achievements over the last 12 months.
Winchcombe Club Site, which is located in the heart of the Cotswolds near the village of Alderton, is surrounded by beautiful views, interesting towns and historic villages and is the perfect base for exploring the local countryside.
Winchcombe Holiday Site Managers, Ian Thomas and Sue Liggett were delighted with the accolade and said: “To be recognised as a leading campsite is a huge honour and we will endeavour to keep working hard to provide a great service for all those who choose to visit.”
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director, added: “Our Club Sites continue to impress and I’d like to thank and congratulate Ian, Sue and their Holiday Site Assistants for all their hard work. We hope our campers continue to enjoy what is such a beautiful site.”
Chris Dee, Tourism Manager at Gloucestershire’s Local Enterprise Partnership, added: “Cotswold Tourism thrives on the high quality of local businesses and services. These Awards reward our achievers and help us to highlight the best of what’s on offer here.”
To book a pitch on Winchcombe or any of our 110 award-winning UK Club Sites, telephone 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- 1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- 2. http://www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- 3. http://www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- 4. National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- AA Campsite of the Year Scotland 2012- Skye Club Site
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site