Partners Unite to Mark 60 Years Patronage of the Club by his Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
The Camping and Caravanning Club has joined forces with Vango to support young people undertaking their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE).
The collaboration helps commemorate The Duke of Edinburgh’s 60th anniversary as Club Patron.
The DofE is a programme of activities that can be undertaken by anyone aged 14 to 24, regardless of personal ability, with participants selecting and setting objectives in volunteering, physical, skills, expedition and residential (Gold level only).
Club Sites are regularly used for DofE activities therefore the Club is working with Vango, established in 1966, to provide camping equipment ‘starter packs’ as a gift to each of the 10 regions across the country.
Each starter pack will consist of Vango tents, cookers, sleeping bags, rucksacks, trek mats, compasses, and cutlery sets.
A specially-designed logo has also been commissioned to mark the partnership.
Vango has been an approved manufacturer of DofE recommended kit for over four years and regularly works with the association to ensure the equipment supplied meets the DofE’s high standards in terms of quality, safety and durability.
Club Director General Robert Louden said: “The Club has always valued its Royal Patronage and has been a continued supporter of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award therefore we wanted to mark the 60 years of patronage in a constructive way.
“We are delighted to be working with Vango and playing our part in inspiring young people, through camping, to continue to develop the skills they need to succeed in work and life.”
Stephen Newlands, Vango’s Group Managing Director, added: “As a long term partner of both The Camping and Caravanning Club and The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, we are delighted to be involved in celebrating His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh’s patronage of the Club.
“To be able to do so by supporting young people as they progress through the award scheme makes us all at Vango very proud indeed.”
Peter Westgarth, Chief Executive of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, said: “What an exciting opportunity The Camping and Caravanning Club and Vango have given us.
“Their generosity will enable 10 teams of young people, who might not otherwise have been so fortunate, to do their DofE. And, it won’t end there; the kit will be used again and again enabling hundreds of young people to take part.”
Around 275,000 participants are taking part in their DofE Programme at any time in the UK.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- http://www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- http://www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- AA Campsite of the Year Scotland 2012- Skye Club Site
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site