New Lakeland Club Site for Campers
Braithwaite Fold, Bowness-on-Windermere Club Site
The Camping and Caravanning Club has continued to expand its site network by adding Braithwaite Fold, Bowness-on-Windermere Campsite to its list of Lakeland destinations.
The site officially opens on Thursday, March 29 and is located close to the shores of Lake Windermere and is approximately 10 minutes walk from the picturesque town of Bowness.
Open to both members and non-members, the site has 66 hard-standing pitches, a heated facilities block and laundry and dishwashing areas.
The addition of Braithwaite Fold takes the total number of Club Sites in Cumbria to eight and they are: Eskdale, Keswick, Ravenglass, Windermere, Kendal and Derwentwater.
Bowness-on-Windermere is a hub for outdoor activities and campers can enjoy a number of pursuits including sailing, fishing and canoeing. Walkers will also appreciate climbing the many fells to view the changing panorama of the Lakeland.
Additional local attractions also include lake cruises and the family-friendly World of Beatrix Potter.
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director, said: “Cumbria is one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations and our Braithwaite Fold, Bowness-on-Windermere Club Site is in the perfect location for holidaymakers to pitch up and explore – particularly as it’s an extended season site and open until January 6, 2013.
“Occupancy levels in the Cumbria area have continuously increased over the last five years and we only expect this positive trend to continue to build in 2012.
“We’re delighted to have the opportunity to run Braithwaite Fold and we look forward to welcoming campers to what is such a beautiful site.”
Ian Stephens, Managing Director at Cumbria Tourism added: “The recent acquisition of Braithwaite Fold, Bowness-on-Windermere by The Camping and Caravanning Club further enhances the camping available to visitors in the Lake District.
“Camping and touring is a great way to see the Lakes, giving holidaymakers the flexibility to stop over in huge variety of places to discover those truly hidden gems.
“We have a wealth of exciting world beating events scheduled throughout 2012 and we look forward to working with the Club to drive tourism to Cumbria.”
To book a pitch on Braithwaite Fold, Bowness-on-Windermere or any of the Club’s award-winning UK Club Sites telephone 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
2. www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
3. www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
4. National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- AA Campsite of the Year Scotland 2012- Skye Club Site
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- For further information please contact Cumbria Tourism Press Office on 01539 825075 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cumbria Tourism is the lead organisation for tourism in the county and is at the heart of the Cumbria Visitor Economy. It is also the largest membership organisation in Cumbria with more than 3,000 members. Over 40 million annual visitors to Cumbria contribute more than £2 billion to the local economy and support around 56,500 jobs. To find out more about the work of Cumbria Tourism, visit www.cumbriatourism.org
- To book accommodation in Cumbria – the Lake District, visit www.golakes.co.uk