Club Announces 'Real Richness - The Awards'
Real Richness - The Awards
The Camping and Caravanning Club has today unveiled its ‘Real Richness – The Awards’ ahead of another eagerly-anticipated camping season.
As part of the Club’s on-going commitment to providing people with a truer kind of wealth whilst championing the great outdoors, the awards will encourage members and non-members to share their camping experiences online and at the same time be in with a chance of winning an array of fantastic prizes!
The Club launched its hugely successful Real Richness campaign last April after over 60 research studies reviewed by leading academics at Liverpool John Moores University and an online survey proved conclusively that those people who camp are happier, have closer family relationships, are healthier, less stressed and are more socially connected.
The online competition, backed by Outwell, Vango, Hi-Tec and Elddis, will go live next Monday (February 13) at www.realrichnesstheawards.co.uk
The four categories (which link to the four pillars of Real Richness) and entry requirements are as follows:
- THE OUTWELL FAMILY TOGETHERNESS AWARD (Entrants are invited to describe in no more than 20 words why they ‘Get Rich Camping with their family’).
- THE VANGO WORK-LIFE BALANCE AWARD (Entrants are asked to describe in no more than 20 words, with an accompanying photograph, how they recharge their batteries whilst on site).
- THE ELDDIS SENSE OF COMMUNITY AWARD (Club members ONLY are invited to nominate their local camping hero in no more than 75 words with an accompanying photograph).
- THE HI-TEC FREEDOM AWARD (Entrants are asked to encapsulate what ‘freedom’ on a campsite means to them in ONE photograph with a header title).
As a thank you to its loyal members, the Elddis Sense of Community Award will only be open to members to help celebrate the Club’s half-a-million plus camping fraternity.
The winners for each competition will be announced and commended at an exclusive awards ceremony in October.
Prizes for the top three winners in each category will be revealed in due course. The closing date for entries is Friday, September 7, 2012.
Robert Louden, the Club’s Director General, said: “At The Camping and Caravanning Club, we learned a long time ago that being rich isn’t only about money and have always advocated the richness money can’t buy.
“We’re therefore delighted to be able to reward our campers, with help from some of the industry’s leading experts, and we look forward to hearing about their real richness camping moments and receiving information about those people that have gone out of their way to bring real richness into the camping community.”
For more information about the awards, visit: www.realrichnesstheawards.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site