Big Prizes for 'Real Richness - The Awards'
Real Richness - The Awards
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s ‘Real Richness – The Awards’ online competition has a spectacular prize fund of over £10,000!
Leading outdoor companies Outwell, Vango, Elddis and Hi-Tec have all chosen to support the awards and are providing a number of exciting prizes for the top three winners in each of the four award categories – which link to the four pillars of Real Richness.
Top prizes include: £1,000 spending money (x4), an Apple iPad, an SLR camera, a year’s free Club membership, free camping and equipment, Merlin Entertainment passes, food hampers, mountain bikes, experience days and much, much more*.
The Club is encouraging members and non-members to share their camping experiences by entering via a dedicated webpage on the Club’s website: www.realrichnesstheawards.co.uk
The Elddis ‘Sense of Community Award’ is open to Club members only.
The Club announced the Awards last week to help reiterate that Real Richness that camping provides - highlighting how camping makes people richer in mind, body and soul.
The Club launched its Real Richness campaign after over 60 research studies reviewed by leading academics at Liverpool John Moores University and an online survey proved conclusively that those people who camp are happier, have closer family relationships, are healthier, less stressed and are more socially connected.
The four categories and entry requirements are as follows:
- THE OUTWELL FAMILY TOGETHERNESS AWARD (Entrants are invited to describe in no more than 20 words why they ‘Get Rich Camping with their family’).
- THE VANGO WORK-LIFE BALANCE AWARD (Entrants are asked to describe in no more than 20 words (with an accompanying photograph) how they recharge their batteries whilst on site).
- THE ELDDIS SENSE OF COMMUNITY AWARD (Club members ONLY are invited to nominate their local camping hero in no more than 75 words with an accompanying photograph).
- THE HI-TEC FREEDOM AWARD (Entrants are asked to encapsulate what ‘freedom’ on a campsite means to them in ONE photograph with a header title).
The winners for each competition will be announced and commended at an exclusive awards ceremony in October.
Prizes for the top three winners in each category will be revealed in due course. The closing date for entries is Friday, September 7, 2012.
Rob Quine, Managing Director of Elddis, said: “The Club’s detailed research struck a chord within the industry and beyond last year and that’s why we’re delighted to be supporting Real Richness - The Awards 2012 and, in particular, the Sense of Community category.
“At Elddis we appreciate how much caravanners and motorhomers relish meeting interesting people and making new friends on a campsite, with social networking being real as opposed to virtual.
“This award is designed to acknowledge those genuine ‘money can’t buy’ experiences on site whilst at the same time recognising that community spirit, commitment and achievements of our camping and caravanning heroes.”
Helen Durant, Hi-Tec’s UK Marketing Manager, is also supportive of the Club’s message and said: “Hi-Tec's Inspired By Life brand message works in perfect harmony with the "freedom" photography category encapsulating how much fun there is to be had in the great outdoors!”
And the Club’s research certainly confirms this as 91 per cent of all children say spending time exploring the outdoors with their parents makes them happy.
Dorte Tegllund, Marketing Director at Outwell, added: “Outdoor living enriches people’s lives and at Outwell we recognize that such experiences are precious. This is why we strive to create the right environment in which campers can enjoy spending quality time with friends and family – the cornerstone of any great holiday memory.
“We are passionate about camping and outdoor living, and we would like to see every family build those unforgettable moments together as they escape life’s daily pressures in the comfort of a well-designed, innovative quality tent. We are proud to sponsor the Family Togetherness Award and hope that all campers will find further inspiration in the words of others.”
To really enjoy those real richness moments, the Club is a huge advocate of having the correct camping equipment for a fully enjoyable experience.
Stephanie Antezana, Brand Manager for the AMG Group, said: “We are delighted to be supporting the Work-Life-Balance Award offering campers the opportunity to maximise their camping experience with our innovative new pole-less inflatable tent range - Vango AirBeam.”
Robert Louden, the Club’s Director General, concluded: “To have the full support of such influential outdoor companies is a real coup for the Club and we look forward to continuing to spread the Real Richness message to all outdoor enthusiasts.”
For more information about the Awards or to enter, please visit: www.realrichnesstheawards.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- * Prizes may be subject to change.