Club Offers Hosepipe Ban Advice to Campers
Search Press Releases
Thursday 05 April 2012
The Camping and Caravanning Club is advising that people who camp in the coming months should not be affected by the current hosepipe bans in place in certain parts of the UK.
The following companies introduced a hosepipe ban last night: Anglian Water, South East Water, Southern Water, Sutton and East Surrey Water, Thames Water, Veolia Water Central and Veolia Water South East.
The Club has investigated the legislation of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 and concluded that those using water for tent camping, caravanning or motorhome holidays are not restricted by the ban.
The use of a hosepipe is not restricted to fill motor caravan fresh water tanks or mobile water containers for specific consumption, i.e. food preparation, washing, cooking or for hygiene reasons.
However the use of hosepipes for the cleaning of caravans or motor homes is prohibited and could result in a fine of £1000.
The Club’s Technical Manager Ian Hewlett said: “We have been in contact with a number of water companies and we are quite clear the current regulations regarding the temporary hosepipe ban do not affect the usage as outlined above.
“Please bear in mind though that you will not be able to wash your unit with a hosepipe during the current ban.”
If you require any further information, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- http://www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- http://www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Cotswold Tourism Awards 2012 (Caravan or Camping Site of the Year) – Winchcombe Club Site
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- AA Campsite of the Year Scotland 2012- Skye Club Site
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site