'Hotter than Hawaii' - Indian Summer Prompts Surge in Campsite Bookings
Search Press Releases
Thursday 29 September 2011
Campers will be out in force this weekend as forecasters predict Britain’s warmest start to October for 26 years.
With temperatures set to reach up to 30 degrees Celsius, The Camping and Caravanning Club has seen a 29 per cent increase in advance bookings on UK Club Sites compared to the same weekend last year.
Club Sites in Wales and the South East of England have seen the largest increase of 70 per cent and 40 per cent respectively.
Tent reservations on Club Sites has increased by 52 per cent compared to the same weekend in 2010, with motorhome (28 per cent) and caravan (19 per cent) bookings also rising as inspired campers look to make the most of the Indian summer.
There has also been a 50 per cent increase in Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping bookings over the same period.
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director, is enthused by figures and said: “Rising fuel costs, the increase in airport departure tax and the general heightened cost of living makes domestic holidays even more appealing – more so with the promise of some extended warm weather.
“Not only are these figures good news for the Club but for the British tourism industry as a whole as visitors look to spend their disposable incomes within local communities.
“It’s the perfect opportunity to camp with the Club – whether you’re a new or an experienced camper, we aim to provide affordable holiday options for everyone.”
The Club has 109 Club Sites and 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Sites located in beautiful locations across the UK.
To book a pitch on a Club Site telephone 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
To book a pitch on any Forest Holidays Touring Site contact: 0845 130 8224 or book online: www.campingintheforest.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- For more information about Visit Peak District & Derbyshire visit www.visitpeakdistrict.com
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)