Club Director Opts for Pastures New
Marketing & Communications Director Matthew Eastlake is leaving the Club after five-and-a-half years at Greenfields House.
Matthew’s last day will be on Friday, October 14 before taking up the role of Managing Director at World Challenge, part of the TUI Travel Group.
As a result, the Club has appointed Erika Coghlan as interim Marketing & Communications Director, who will fulfil the role until Matthew’s successor is sought.
Matthew said: “It has been a great time to be involved in the outdoor industry in the UK and the Club has continued to move from strength-to-strength over the last few years and has become a leading voice of the outdoors.
“This new opportunity is very exciting for me; it has an international dimension and fits in with my view that leadership, teamwork, planning and personal achievement in young people is extremely important.”
The Club’s Director General Robert Louden added: “Matthew has always had a real passion for the outdoors and has helped develop the business into what it is today.
“I’d personally like to thank Matthew for his continued efforts and the Club wishes him and his family very good wishes for his new career move.”
Erika’s previous roles have included Vice President of Corporate Affairs at Coca-Cola Enterprises Limited and most recently Director of Communications at the National Farmers Union.
She said: “I am delighted to have joined the Club and I hope to build upon the strong foundations that are already in place whilst at the same time assisting in the development of the Club’s vision for the industry.”
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204, 07748 936464 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Blythe, 024 7647 5224, 07951 153074, email@example.com
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)