Christmas Gift for Forest Campers
Christmas will come early for campers visiting Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Sites during the festive period.
Forest Holidays has announced that eight of its Caravan & Camping Sites will be open during the winter months – and those campers that visit in the week leading up to Christmas Day will receive a Christmas present in the shape of a Christmas tree sapling!
The Sites are: Setthorns, Spiers House, Thorpe, Postern Hill, Beddgelert, Christchurch, Ardgartan and Glenmore.
The gesture confirms the organisation’s continued commitment of encouraging people to enjoy and preserve the country’s most treasured woodland.
Kerry Bhella, The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Club Products Manager is delighted to offer such a gift and she said: “Preserving the environment is a priority for Forest Holidays so it only seems fitting we try and encourage our campers to do the same.
“Camping over the festive period is a magical experience and there’s no better way to really get into the spirit of things than by pitching up under real Christmas trees.
“We would encourage everyone to give it a go – it’s the perfect time to recharge your batteries, spend time with loved ones and experience the true beauty of the great outdoors.”
The Christmas tree saplings will be available for campers to pick up from the sites’ receptions on Christmas Eve. Drinks and seasonal refreshments will also be available.
This offer is valid for campers visiting any of the eight Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Sites between; Monday, December 19 to Sunday, December 25.
To stay on any Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Site, bookings can be made via the Contact Centre on 0845 130 8224 or 024 7642 3008 or via the website www.campingintheforest.co.uk
For more information, please visit: www.campingintheforest.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- Forest Holidays offers naturally inspired short breaks and holidays set amongst the woodlands of the Forestry Commission and is managed under agreement by The Camping and Caravanning Club.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club took over the management of all Forest Holidays Touring Sites from November 1, 2010.
- There are 20 award-winning Forest Holidays Touring Sites across the UK: Ardgartan, Cashel, Cobleland, Bracelands, Christchurch, Aldridge Hill, Ashurst, Denny Wood, Matley Wood, Hollands Wood, Holmsley, Ocknell, Longbeech, Roundhill, Setthorns, Beddgelert, Spiers House, Thorpe, Postern Hill.
- Forest Holidays Touring Sites offer Forest Ranger experiences including: Dusk watch, Forest Survival and Young Explorers.
- National Awards include:
- 12 Gold David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- 2 Silver David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- 6 Gold Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- 9 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- 5 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping.