Gold for Green Forest Holidays Touring Sites
Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Sites have continued to impress in the prestigious David Bellamy Conservation Awards, achieving a remarkable 16 gold rosettes for 2011.
The sites that demonstrated the exceptional lengths they have gone to, to protect and enhance the natural environment are: Aldridge Hill, Ardgartan, Beddgelert, Cashel, Christchurch, Cobleland, Denny Wood & Matley Wood, Glenmore, Hollands Wood, Holmsley, Ocknell & Longbeech, Postern Hill, Roundhill, Setthorns, Spiers House and Thorpe.
And the success did not end there as Bracelands and Ashurst sites achieved silver rosettes respectively.
Each site that took part in the scheme was regularly assessed by a team of local wildlife experts to be awarded a level of excellence.
Assessor John Durnell visited Roundhill site and wrote: “Roundhill is possibly my favourite campsite to assess within the New Forest. Despite the large number of campers accommodated, I nearly always find something unusual to see and this visit was no different.
“The Holiday Site Managers take obvious pride in the site and work extremely hard to ensure that impacts are kept to an absolute minimum.
Spencer Pettit, Forest Holidays Business Development Manager, added: “Preserving the woodland is a key priority for Forest Holidays and we are delighted that our sites have been recognised as leaders in protecting the British countryside.
“We would like to thank all of our Forest Holidays Holiday Site Managers and their Assistants for their continued dedication in providing a fantastic service for our campers.”
David Bellamy Conservation Awards are given to those sites that have shown the steps they have taken to; support their local community, manage their land as a haven for wildlife, lessen their use of energy, water and other resources and reduce, reuse and recycle the waste they produce.
The David Bellamy Conservation Award Scheme is one of the longest running green tourism awards in the UK and is a joint partnership between the Conservation Foundation and the British Holiday & Homes Parks Association.
To book a pitch on any of our award-winning Forest Holidays Touring Sites, please contact: 0845 130 8224 or book online: www.forestholidays.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- Forest Holidays offers naturally inspired short breaks and holidays set amongst the woodlands of the Forestry Commission and is managed under agreement by The Camping and Caravanning Club.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club took over the management of all Forest Holidays Touring Sites from November 1, 2010.
- There are 20 award-winning Forest Holidays Touring Sites across the UK: Ardgartan, Cashel, Cobleland, Bracelands, Christchurch, Aldridge Hill, Ashurst, Denny Wood, Matley Wood, Hollands Wood, Holmsley, Ocknell, Longbeech, Roundhill, Setthorns, Beddgelert, Spiers House, Thorpe, Postern Hill.
- Forest Holidays Touring Sites offer Forest Ranger experiences including: Dusk watch, Forest Survival and Young Explorers.
- Follow Forest Holidays at: www.twitter.com/forest_holidays or www.facebook.com/forestholidays
- National Awards include:
- 12 Gold David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- 2 Silver David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- 6 Gold Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- 9 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- 5 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping.