European Summer Fun for Club Campers
Search Press Releases
Thursday 06 October 2011
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Carefree Travel Service is offering holiday options to suit campers of all ages.
For the first time, the Club has launched two Carefree European Camping brochures which have been carefully created to inspire holidaymakers – particularly those that have never camped abroad before.
The Carefree ‘Family Summer European Camping 2012’ brochure focuses on campsites for members travelling with children and offers Europe’s sunniest beach, countryside and alpine destinations at great value prices.
The new year round ‘European Camping 2012’ brochure is more suited to the adult traveller and inspires holidaymakers to enjoy the freedom of ‘go-as-you-please’ camping holidays to some of Europe’s most popular beach, rural, alpine and city destinations. It also includes information on the Club’s European Escorted Tours and CampingCard ACSI.
And Club members will have even more reasons to camp in Europe in 2012 as Carefree has added 12 new campsites to its books.
The sites are located in the areas of: Aquitaine, Vosges, Vendee, Loire-Atlantique, Brittany and Picardy in France, Rhine in Germany, Arnhem in Holland and Rosslare in Ireland.
Richard Grimsdale, the Club’s Travel Services Director, said: “We are continually striving to provide an excellent service and recognise that our members are searching for different holidays. As a result we have tailored our brochures accordingly to allow members to research and view their holiday options with ease.
“We are currently bucking the ’Staycation’ trend with European inclusive holiday bookings up by 25 per cent compared to this time last year and we expect to see this positive trend continue into the New Year.
“We hope our new brochures and sites will inspire both new and experienced campers to book a summer camping holiday abroad with the Club and take advantage of the discounts and guaranteed low ferry prices, exclusively for Club members.”
Both brochures will be available in November 2011.
Carefree customises every holiday to meet members’ needs from booking ferries, campsites and insurance to a fully inclusive holiday at the best possible price.
View Carefree’s Summer Camping brochures online here or alternatively call 0845 130 7701 to order a free copy.
To book a Carefree European summer holiday or for more information, please contact 0845 130 7701 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/travelabroad
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- For more information about Visit Peak District & Derbyshire visit www.visitpeakdistrict.com
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)