Club Strikes Deal with Drayton Manor
Search Press Releases
Friday 14 October 2011
Drayton Manor logo
The Camping and Caravanning Club has partnered with Drayton Manor Theme Park, near Tamworth in Staffordshire, to operate its campsite.
The 90-pitch full-facility site will open on Thursday, March 29, 2012 and will be located within easy walking distance of the theme park’s entry gates.
Drayton Manor is one of the UK’s most popular theme parks for families. It attracts more than one million visitors a year with its impressive selection of rides and attractions including the popular Thomas Land, Ben 10: Ultimate Mission rollercoaster, 15-acre zoo, 4D cinema, as well as a host of white knuckle thrill rides such as Apocalypse, a terrifying drop tower ride, and Shockwave, the stand-up rollercoaster.
Drayton Manor Club Site follows in the footsteps of two other sites adjacent to theme parks Gulliver’s Milton Keynes (Gulliver’s) and Alton, The Star (Alton Towers).
Bob Hill, Club Sites Director, is delighted with the partnership and said: “Drayton Manor Theme Park is one of the UK’s most popular family attractions and I am sure this new site will be a great addition to the network and for tourism within the area.
“Camping and caravanning is enjoying a welcome revival as more and more people stay in the UK and we expect this site to be extremely popular considering its prime location within the grounds of Drayton Manor.”
George Bryan, General Manager (Estates) at Drayton Manor Theme Park, added: “We’ve had a campsite at Drayton Manor for decades and it’s always been popular, but I genuinely believe that this partnership with The Camping and Caravanning Club will greatly enhance the campsite’s appeal.
“Whilst Drayton Manor has a 150-room hotel, I think the campsite and hotel will complement each other and will allow more people to stay at the park than ever before.
“The hotel, campsite, rides and attractions, as well as the recently opened Grill Inn restaurant, all contribute to Drayton Manor changing from a day out destination to a leisure resort.”
To stay on any of the Club’s award-winning sites, bookings can be made via the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or via the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)