Christmas Choices for Club Campers
Celebrate Christmas and enjoy a festive feast with The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Holiday Site Managers and Assistants.
All of the Club’s UK Club Sites will be offering complimentary mince pies and mulled wine to those campers staying on site on Christmas Eve.
And campers will have a large selection of sites to choose from as the Club has revealed that 24 of its UK Club Sites will be open and ready for business over the winter season.
The Sites are: Blackmore, Boroughbridge, Canterbury, Chertsey, Conkers, Delamere Forest, Derwentwater, Devizes, Eskdale, Hertford, Kingsbury Water Park, Leek, Moffat, Moreton, Oswestry, Oxford, Polstead, Ravenglass, Scone, Tavistock, Teversal, Thetford Forest, Winchcombe and Windermere.
Campers can enjoy a range of festive activities on Club Sites throughout the festive season including traditional parlour games, quizzes, karaoke, fancy dress parties and forest walks.
Additionally, many Club Sites have organised New Year’s Eve events for all to enjoy.
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director, is looking forward to the festive period and said: “Camping at Christmas has always been popular with our members – whether they pitch up in a tent, caravan, motorhome or trailer tent – it’s a lovely way to spend time with friends and family.
“Many of our Club Sites are offering campers the chance to really get into the spirit and get involved in traditional Christmas pastimes such as carol singing, food and drink tasting and Christmas walks.
“So whether you’re looking for a fun-filled Christmas season or a relaxing break, the Club has something for everyone.”
Festive campers can also enjoy a German Christmas Market Tour with the Club’s Carefree Travel Service.
The seven-day tour departs on December 4, 2011 and travels around Germany’s most vibrant, traditional Christmas Markets before returning on December 11.
For those campers looking to explore warmer climes over the Christmas period, Carefree is offering winter sun rallies in La Manga in southern Spain, Albufeira in the Algarve, Almafra in the Costa Blanca plus Playa Tropicana and Monmar in the Costa del Azahar.
To stay on any of the Club’s 109 award-winning sites, bookings can be made via the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or via the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For more information, please visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/wintercamping
For more information about the Club’s Carefree holidays, please contact the Club’s Travel Specialists on 0845 130 7701 or 024 7642 2024 or visit the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/travelabroad
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204, 07748 936464 email@example.com
Kim Blythe, 024 7647 5224, 07951 153074, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)