Support the 2012 Torch Relay Route with the Club
Join the celebrations and support the 2012 Torch Relay Route by pitching up with The Camping and Caravanning Club.
The iconic Flame will set off from Land’s End on May 19 and will visit a number of the country’s most popular landmarks before arriving at the Olympic Stadium on July 27.
And with 109 award-winning Club Sites, 20 ‘Camping in the Forest’ Sites and over 1,500 Certificated Sites in idyllic locations across the country, camping with the Club is the perfect inexpensive option to visit landmark locations on the Relay Route.
Award-winning Club Sites that are in close proximity to the route include; Sennen Cove (Lands End), Bellingham (near Hadrian’s Wall), Teversal (Matlock Bath and Nottingham) and Chichester (near Battle Abbey) whilst the 10 Camping in the Forest Sites idyllically located in the New Forest are also close to the action.
And the Club will also continue to provide affordable accommodation in the country’s capital next summer.
Sports fans have the opportunity to enjoy four Event Campsites, all of which are conveniently located less than 15 minutes away from Stratford station and the Olympic Park and Stadium.
Bob Hill, Club’s Sites Director, said: “The announcement of the Torch Relay Route provides plenty of opportunities for all to celebrate the Games in local communities across the country and it is certain to boost British tourism.
“We are delighted to be able to offer a number of campsites in locations close to the Relay Route and we hope all campers take advantage of this unique opportunity to support what is such an historic event.
“In the current economic climate, it is imperative we continue to provide affordable accommodation options and our summer of 2012 sites will allow everyone to enjoy all of the sporting action.”
To stay any of the Club’s 109 award-winning sites, bookings can be made via the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or via the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
To book a pitch on any Forest Holidays Touring Site contact: 0845 130 8224 or 024 7642 3008 or book online: www.campingintheforest.co.uk
To book a pitch or for more information on the Club’s summer of 2012 Event Campsites, please visit: www.2012camping.co.uk
For further media information or images, pleaseContact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- The Olympic Flame will come within 10 miles of 95% of people in the UK, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey. http://www.london2012.com/olympic-torch-relay-map
- National awards include:
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)