New Site For ‘Your Place in the Country’ 2012
The Camping and Caravanning Club has added an exciting new entry to its ‘Your Place in the Country’ guide for 2012.
The Club recently announced its partnership with Drayton Manor Theme Park and will operate its campsite from Thursday, March 29, 2012.
The 90-pitch full-facility site is located within easy walking distance of the theme park’s entry gates which welcome more than one million visitors a year.
The Club now has three Club Sites which are adjacent to theme parks, including Drayton Manor, Gulliver’s, Milton Keynes (Gulliver’s Land) and Alton, The Star (Alton Towers).
The Club boasts 109 Club Sites and 20 ‘Camping in the Forest’ Sites located in idyllic areas across the country, all of which are detailed in the new guide.
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director, is looking forward to another successful year and said: “As an organisation, we are continuously looking to improve our site network to provide a range of camping options to suit all holidaymakers.
“Although we have continued to expand our site network, we are also very keen to highlight the upgrade and improvement work that has been completed at our Club Sites which includes the installation of hard-standing pitches, electrical upgrades, road resurfacing plus reception and amenity building refurbishments.
“We hope people take advantage of our new guide which is brimming full of information to help them enjoy the outdoor lifestyle, however they choose to camp.”
Club Members will receive their free copy with the November edition of Camping & Caravanning Magazine.
Site bookings opened to Club members on November 3 either online, by phone or post.
To book a pitch on a Club Site telephone 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/bookasite
To book a pitch on any Camping in the Forest Touring Site contact: 0845 130 8224 or book online: www.campingintheforest.co.uk
The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
National awards include:
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)