Club Winter Sun Rallies on the Rise
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Carefree Travel Service has reported a huge rise in campers escaping to warmer climates this winter.
Advance bookings for the Club’s European Winter Sun Rallies have increased by up to 61 per cent compared to the 2010/11 winter season.
Campers can visit rallies in various idyllic European locations including Albufeira in Portugal and Benidorm and La Manga in Spain.’
The Club’s rallies attract thousands of campers each year and are run by Club members on behalf of the Club’s Carefree Travel Service.
Carol Lancaster, one of the Club’s Carefree Rally Stewards has been camping abroad for years and said: “We like privacy so didn’t think we’d enjoy a rally but we decided to try it for a week and had a blast! We thought it would be too organised and we’d feel too much pressure to join in, but it wasn’t like that at all.
“Come for a week – try it – we’ll guarantee you won’t want to leave. We have people here that have been coming year after year, for 11 years. But it’s not just about Rallies, as there are many other sites to choose from as well.”
Richard Grimsdale, the Club’s Travel Services Director, added: “Many holidaymakers decide against camping abroad generally due to their fear of the unknown, so it’s encouraging to see that so many people are now looking to enjoy new camping experiences in foreign countries.
“Our Carefree Winter Sun Rallies provide exciting opportunities for holidaymakers to spend quality time together in warmer climates - whether you love socialising and activities, or simply like your own privacy, there’s something for everyone.”
Carefree customises every holiday to meet members’ needs from booking ferries, campsites and insurance to a fully inclusive holiday at the best possible price.
To book or for more information on the Club’s Winter Sun Rallies, contact 0845 130 7701 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/travelabroad
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)