Get Rich and Celebrate the Big Pitch
Campers from across Britain will be out in force on the night of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Big Pitch camp out on Saturday, June 4 as they celebrate the ‘Real Richness’ that camping can provide.
And tent campers continue to lead the surge with a 17 per cent increase in advanced bookings for the night of the Big Pitch compared to the same time last year.
The Club is confident bookings will continue to rise, particularly thanks to the promise of good weather by forecasters Positive Weather Solutions, who last week predicted that high pressure will build again during late May and through to the second week of June.
The Big Pitch camp out is supporting National Camping and Caravanning Week 2011 (May 30 to June 5) and aims to celebrate the way camping provides emotional richness, particularly in four areas; family togetherness, life balance, a sense of community and freedom.
Robert Louden, the Club’s Director General is delighted with the news and said: "Last month we launched 'Real Richness - The List', which revealed that camping really does make you richer in mind, body and soul.
"You can’t put a price on feeling emotionally happy and it’s encouraging to see so many holiday makers choosing a domestic break with the Club.
"The Big Pitch camp out is the perfect opportunity to get together with friends and family to enjoy a night under the stars – why not test our theory and see if camping really does make you feel emotionally richer?
“Join us on the night of the Big Pitch and help us get the nation smiling again."
Campers have the opportunity to share their Big Pitch plans on the Club’s Facebook and Twitter pages. Please visit: www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub and www.twitter.com/campandcaravan
For further information please visit: www.nccw.co.uk
To book a pitch on a Club Site telephone 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
To book a pitch on any Forest Holidays Touring Site contact: 0845 130 8224 or book online: www.forestholidays.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)