Poster Competition Fame for the Club
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s image of Brand Marketing & Membership Sales Manager Donna Beech has been chosen as one of the “faces” of British Tourism Week 2011 (March 12-20).
The image, taken at the Club’s New to Camping event at Warwick Castle last June, was ‘highly commended’ and now appears on the British Tourism Week official poster.
A photograph of Club Chairman Keith Jackson and his wife Janet, was also ‘commended’ by competition judges and will also feature on the poster.
Both images will sit alongside this year’s winners of the Outstanding Customer Service Award from Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland and will be seen in tourism businesses around the country to help highlight the wide range of roles, skills and opportunities that exist in the tourism and hospitality industries.
The poster can be downloaded from www.britishtourismweek.com, where businesses are being encouraged to register events.
Donna was delighted to feature on the poster and said: “We’re proud to once again support British Tourism Week and I am thrilled to have been recognised as a face of tourism.
“As a Club, getting people to enjoy the great outdoors is very much in tune with our objectives and we will continue to help make Britain a fruitful holiday destination.
“The signs already look extremely encouraging for 2011. Our advanced bookings are currently 15 per cent up on this time last year, which clearly demonstrates that British holidays are still very much in demand.”
David Curtis-Brignell, Co-Chair of the British Tourism Week Executive Council, and photograph competition judge added: “The aim of the British Tourism Week poster is to try and get across to people working in the industry as well as customers and Government the wide range of roles, skills and opportunities that exist in tourism.
“All kinds of people make up the ‘face’ of tourism and we looked for photographs that capture this diversity. We were delighted with this year's entries and congratulate The Camping and Caravanning Club on their success.
“As our fifth largest industry, tourism in the UK affects everyone, everywhere and every day - and like the industry itself, British Tourism Week has something for all."
British Tourism Week is now established as the important event in the tourism calendar.
Nearly 100 events are being planned and organisers hope that every region and destination will organise something to showcase businesses or raise awareness of tourism experiences among consumers.
For more information on the week of events being organised around the country, visit: www.britishtourismweek.com
For further media information or images, please Contact Us.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)