Free Camping for Armed Forces
Search Press Releases
Tuesday 15 March 2011
Skye Camping and Caravanning Club Site is waiving all pitch fee costs to serving members of the armed forces on Saturday, June 25, 2011 on behalf of Help for Heroes.
The award-winning site is supporting the reputable charity which aims to help the wounded Servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
And the site’s generosity does not end there as it will also hold a season-long raffle (April 1 to October 31) to raise money for the worthy cause.
Skye Club Site Franchisees, David Weller and Nicky Sellier, are delighted to be supporting the charity and said: “It’s a pleasure for us to be able to help those men and women that continue to do such a sterling job for our country.
“In our pursuit to raise money, we will also be holding an additional raffle on June 25, with the prize being a cake donated by our local baker.
“We hope all campers will show their encouragement and support for what is such a worthy cause.”
All serving members who would like to have their pitch fee waived must provide identification on arrival to the site. Any additional campers must pay full site fees.
If you are a serving member of the armed forces and would like claim your free nights stay, please contact the site directly on 01470 582230.
For more information on Help for Heroes, please visit: www.helpforheroes.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)