Family Fun with Forest Rangers
With the school holidays rapidly approaching, there is no better way to spend time with your family and explore the country’s most loved forests than with Forest Holidays’ dedicated Forest Rangers.
The Forest Rangers help campers of all ages discover more about their surrounding natural environment.
The Forest Ranger service is available on seven Forest Holidays Touring Sites including; Roundhill, Hollands Wood, Holmsley, Cobleland, Glenmore, Ardgartan and Spiers House.
There are a number of exciting Ranger activities such : ‘Dusk Watch’, ‘Forest Survival’ " Tour de Forest" "Bat Watching" and ‘Young Explorers’, all tailored to suit different interests and ages.
Children will enjoy investigating with the Rangers, discovering animals, birds, bugs and the magic of the forest – there's an activity guaranteed to capture their imagination!
There are plenty of additional opportunities to enjoy the surrounding woodland by taking part in activities such as; den building, orienteering, night walks and much more.
Alan Gibson, Forest Holidays General Manager said: “Our Forest Rangers have a fantastic depth of knowledge of their local areas and it’s a real pleasure to be able to offer such unique activities to our campers.
“Campers have the opportunity to spot all kinds of wildlife, local flora and fauna, much of which can only be spotted and located by using the expertise and local knowledge of our Forest Rangers.
“Take advantage of our specialist knowledge and bring your family and friends to explore with us – it’s the perfect opportunity for a fun educational experience.”
Ranger activities cost £6 per adult and £5 per child unless stated otherwise.
Timetables vary, so please contact your chosen site directly or go online for further information.
To book a pitch on any of our Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Sites contact: 0845 130 8224 or 024 7647 5008 or online: http://camping.forestholidays.co.uk/camping_and_caravanning
For all the latest Forest Holidays news, remember to follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ForestHolidays) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/forest_holidays).
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- Forest Holidays offers naturally inspired short breaks and holidays set amongst the woodlands of the Forestry Commission and is managed under agreement by The Camping and Caravanning Club.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club took over the management of all Forest Holidays Touring Sites from November 1, 2010.
- There are 20 award-winning Forest Holidays Touring Sites across the UK: Ardgartan, Cashel, Cobleland, Bracelands, Christchurch, Aldridge Hill, Ashurst, Denny Wood, Matley Wood, Hollands Wood, Homsley, Ocknell, Longbeech, Roundhill, Setthorns, Beddgelert, Spiers House, Thorpe, Postern Hill.
- Forest Holidays Touring Sites offer Forest Ranger experiences including: Dusk watch, Forest Survival and Young Explorers.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping.
- National Awards include:
- - 12 Gold David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- - 2 Silver David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- - 6 Gold Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- - 9 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- - 5 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011