Club Adds Third Campsite to Summer of 2012 Portfolio
The Camping and Caravanning Club has added Westlands Playing Fields in the London Borough of Havering to its portfolio of event campsites on offer during July and August 2012.
Due to considerable interest in the campsites at Gravesend/Old Gravesendians Rugby Clubs (247 pitches) and Culverstone Recreation Ground (221 pitches), the Club has now partnered with the Borough Council to offer a third site.
The event campsite, which will run from Tuesday, July 24 to Monday, August 20, will boast 430 pitches and a facility on site includes toilet, shower, changing and catering and entertainment facilities.
The location is close to Romford Train Station, with a journey time of approximately 15 minutes to Stratford Station in London (the Olympic Park and Olympic Stadium).
Membership Services Director Paul Jones is delighted to have partnered with the London Borough of Havering and as a result been able to add another summer of 2012 campsite to the Club’s collection.
He said: “Havering really does have something for everyone and is a great place to live and visit with a thriving community and a prosperous economy.
“The demand for Olympic tickets has been incredible and now that successful applicants are discovering which events they’ll be going to, I’m sure accommodation in and around the London area will be high on their list of priorities to organise and confirm.
“Camping certainly offers an affordable way to enjoy the Olympic atmosphere and at the same time grow tourism within this country.”
Councillor Andrew Curtin, Lead Member for Culture, Towns and Communities, added: “Havering has much to attract visitors during the Olympics and Paralympics.
“From history and exhibitions at Havering Museum to the arts and drama at the nationally-renowned Queen's Theatre, as well as historic villages at Havering-atte-Bower and Rainham and the chance to relax in our award-winning parks and sports facilities.
“We will be working hard to minimise disruption for residents during the Games, and hope that those visiting us enjoy our arts, history, parks and sports facilities.”
Havering, which includes the main centres of Romford, Hornchurch and Upminster, is one of the largest boroughs in Greater London, with a population of around 225,000 and an area approaching 40 square miles, half of which is in the Green Belt.
Camping will start from £30 a night, based on a minimum three-night stay, and Club rules will apply whilst staying on site. The site will be open to members and non-members.
Bookings are now being taken via the Club’s Contact Centre on 024 7647 5426 or 0845 130 7633. There is also still availability at Gravesend/Old Gravesendians Rugby Clubs and Culverstone Recreation Ground sites.
For more information visit: www.2012camping.co.uk
The London 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London and across the UK from July 27 to August 12, 2012, followed by the Paralympic Games from August 29 to September 9, 2012.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is not a sponsor of, or in any way associated with, the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)