Last Chance to Book for NFOL 2011
It’s the last opportunity for campers to book their spot at The Camping and Caravanning Club’s prestigious national rally, the National Feast of Lanterns 2011 (NFOL).
The deadline for bookings is Sunday, July 31.
NFOL 2011 will celebrate history and tradition with a ‘Best of British’ theme, and is to be held at Newark Showground in the Central Counties Region.
The event starts on Thursday, August 25 and will run until Monday, August 29.
Free entertainment will be available throughout the weekend with live shows, bands, parlour games and a ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ competition.
Campers will even have the exciting opportunity to take part in a Guinness World Record attempt, for the largest gathering of people dressed as Robin Hood.
Traditional entertainment is also offered including NFOL’s highly anticipated ‘Best of British’ Mardi Gras Parade and a spectacular lighting up show.
And there are plenty of activities for children too; they will love the opportunity to build sandcastles on the NFOL purpose built seaside playground – complete with real sand!
Cath Henson, Chair of the NFOL Organising Committee said: “We’ve had such a positive response from Club members and after three and a half years of planning, NFOL 2011 is sure to be a resounding success.
“Our bookings deadline is quickly approaching and with over 2,000 applications already received, we only have a small number of pitches available. Book now before it’s too late.”
Camping costs just £59 (from Friday to Monday) for two adults sharing a pitch.
Campers wishing to stay on Thursday night will be charged an additional £10.
There is also the opportunity to camp on Monday night for an extra £9.
To book your spot or for more information, visit: http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/nfol or www.nfol2011.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)