Double Delight for Hereford
Search Press Releases
Monday 18 July 2011
Hereford Camping and Caravanning Club Site has been voted the most motorhome-friendly site in the Heart of England Region for the second consecutive year by Practical Motorhome readers.
And there was more good news, as the Club’s success continued into the publication’s Top 50 Sites with Hereford being awarded third place overall. Bellingham Club Site in Northumberland also rated highly, being placed 16th.
Campers who visited Hereford were impressed with the site and one reader commented: “The welcome was fantastic; nothing was too much trouble. The site was clean, with good visitor information. We’ll definitely return with a fishing rod next time.”
Both Hereford and Bellingham have had a successful year as they also achieved 10th and 31st positions respectively in Practical Caravan magazine’s Top 100 Sites.
Hereford franchisees Bill and Lynn Sayer were delighted and said: “We are thrilled to win such a prestigious award for the second successive year and we’d really like to thank our on-site team and all those campers that took the time to vote for us.
“These are tough economic times and we make a great effort to ensure those campers who choose to holiday on our site are thoroughly satisfied with our service.
“Hereford is located in an idyllic area of the country and with the Black Mountains and the Forest of Dean just a short drive away, there really are plenty of local attractions and activities to suit all campers.”
Bellingham franchisees, Carole and Barry Howard added: “It’s a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will continue to strive to provide our campers with exceptional customer service.”
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director, said: “The Club is very proud of both Hereford and Bellingham and we’d like to commend the site teams for their effort and commitment in providing an excellent service for our campers.
“We hope their success will encourage more holiday makers to visit our sites this summer.”
To stay at Hereford, Bellingham or any of the Club’s 109 award-winning sites, bookings can be made via the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or via the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- For more information about Visit Peak District & Derbyshire visit www.visitpeakdistrict.com
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)