Club Recognised as an Investor in People
The Camping and Caravanning Club has been awarded a highly commendable ‘Bronze Investors in People’ status for 2010 by independent assessors.
Investors in People is the UK’s leading people standard and helps deliver improved performance to thousands of organisations.
The Standard was launched to provide a framework to help organisations become more effective by developing and harnessing the skills of their people to achieve the organisation’s goals.
The Club successfully met the 39 outcome-based evidence requirements of The Standard’s Core Framework, to be recognised as an Investor in People organisation.
Additionally, it also gained extra recognition by going beyond The Standard and fulfilling the 26 extra evidence requirements from the extended framework, which are relevant to the Club’s priorities and goals, to achieve Bronze status.
Director General Robert Louden was thrilled with the result and said: “We are known as The Friendly Club and we are delighted to see this reflected in our Investors in People status - it’s wonderful to receive such recognition from such a highly regarded standard scheme.
“In previous years, the Club has always achieved the Core Standard requirements so we are particularly pleased to now be able to celebrate our Bronze status which serves as a sign of our continued development.
“This is a great coup and as a Club we will strive to improve further by continuing to work on and improve our business performance.”
The Club’s Investors in People Standard is reassessed every three years.
For more information visit: www.investorsinpeople.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 108 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2011 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)