Tent Campers Boost Bookings to Record High
The Camping and Caravanning Club has experienced another bumper Easter weekend (Good Friday to Easter Sunday) as site occupancy increased by 43 per cent compared to the same period in 2010 – mainly due to a surge in tent campers!
Reservations for grass pitches on UK Club Sites increased by 188 per cent compared to Easter last year as the fine British weather saw campers flock to campsites to make the most of sunshine.
There has also been a rise of 134 per cent in Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping bookings over the Easter period.
The news comes just a week after the Club launched ‘Real Richness – The List’, as part of its Get Rich Quick marketing campaign, which has revealed that camping really does make you richer in mind, body and soul.
Over 60 research studies reviewed by leading academics at Liverpool John Moores University and an online survey proved conclusively that those people who camp are happier, have closer family relationships, are healthier, less stressed and are more socially connected.
Robert Louden, Director General was delighted with the news and he said: “It’s been a special few weeks for the Club – our research document has catapulted camping and caravanning into the spotlight and the good weather has only contributed to the growing trend.
“It’s encouraging to see such promising figures and we are confident that this interest will continue to build as the summer season approaches.”
To book a pitch on a Club Site telephone 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
To book a pitch on any Forest Holidays Touring Site contact: 0845 130 8224 or book online: www.forestholidays.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)