Lucky Camper Collects Bailey Pegasus
Bailey Caravan Handover
Lucky prize winner and Camping and Caravanning Club member Les Poulter has picked up the keys to his new Bailey Pegasus caravan courtesy of Club Care Insurance.
The Bailey Pegasus is the first caravan to feature the revolutionary Alu-Tech body shell design. It is also the first range of caravans that has achieved Grade III classification of EN1645-I and is supplied with a 10-year integrity guarantee.
The exciting prize was up for grabs as part of a year-long competition run by Club Care.
All entrants had to do was obtain a Club Care Insurance quote via the website or by phone to be entered into the prize draw.
Despite thousands of entries, Les, from Northants, was selected as the lucky winner and he was delighted when he received the news.
He said: “I was actually decorating the bedroom upstairs when I answered the phone and got the good news. I was not expecting to win - I’ve never won anything until now!
“The Pegasus is well built and is a very nice unit. I particularly like how the end bathroom is so spacious and it is obvious how much thought has gone into the design.”
Nigel Coppen, Client Director at Club Care Insurance was equally as enthusiastic and he said: “Insurance is not normally associated with a good news story so we are especially pleased for Les and wish him many happy years touring in his new Bailey caravan.
“The competition was a great success and we would like to thank everyone for entering who had, not only the opportunity to win a great prize, but also the opportunity to buy some great value insurance through Club Care!
“Our thanks must also go to Bailey for their fabulous support for the duration of the campaign.”
Simon Howard, Bailey Caravan’s Marketing Director, was at the handover and he added: “It’s wonderful to be able to present the keys to Les. He is a thoroughly deserving winner and I hope he enjoys touring.
“We’re pleased to be able to play a role in enhancing the Club’s caravanning experiences.”
The Club’s Director General Robert Louden said: “We hope Les enjoys holidaying in what is such a popular touring unit.
“Insurance is essential and our Club Care service provides great packages at affordable prices, helping our members to feel safe and protected in their chosen camping unit.
“We look forward to working with Club Care to continue to provide further benefits and great deals to our members throughout the year.”
Club Care Insurance is the long established provider of insurance for members of The Camping and Caravanning Club.
Club Care offers a broad range of insurances which have been created for members by members and are tailored to meet the specific needs of all those enjoying the outdoor leisure lifestyle.
For more information on Club Care Insurance products, please visit: www.clubcareinsurance.com
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)