Club Unveils New Facebook Applications
The Camping and Caravanning Club will soon be releasing two exciting new Facebook applications aided by Birmingham-based digital media agency, Gas Street Works.
The first application will support the Club’s impressive ‘Get Rich Quick’ marketing campaign which aims to celebrate the four areas of ‘richness’ that camping can provide – family togetherness, life balance, a sense of community and freedom.
And the second will promote the Club’s ‘The Big Pitch’ camp out. The Club is urging people to encourage family and friends to experience and enjoy the great outdoors on the night of Saturday, June 4 to celebrate National Camping and Caravanning Week 2011 (May 30 to June 5).
The Get Rich Quick application will provide campers with the opportunity to choose their favourite ways to ‘Get Rich Quick’ to win a range of limited edition barbecue equipment from Calor Gas.
The application went live on Monday (April 18) and ends on Sunday, May 8, 2011.
Campers will also have the opportunity to win a much sought after Vango Airbeam tent worth over £400 by taking part in the Club’s Big Pitch Facebook competition.
The Big Pitch competition opens on Thursday, May 12 and closes on Sunday, June 4, 2011.
Both applications will be supported by a Twitter hash tag campaign to raise awareness to the wider audience. [#TheBigPitch and #iGetRichQuick]
Matthew Eastlake, Marketing & Communications Director, was enthusiastic about the online developments and said: “The Club is continuing to grow and it seemed logical to continue that growth online by further developing our social media channels.
“The PR team has been working closely with Gas Street Works to ensure the Club’s overall marketing strategy is directly linked to our online platforms to enable our message to be heard by a range of different audiences.
“We would encourage all campers to log-on to Facebook to take a look. Not only is there a great opportunity to win some fantastic prizes, it’s a first-rate place to discuss all things camping, keep up-to-date with the Club’s latest news and share photos and stories.”
Justin Sawkins, Head of iMedia at Gas Street Works, added: “Working with The Camping and
Caravanning Club continues to be a fantastic opportunity for us.
“We are reaching out across a variety of online channels ensuring that ‘Get Rich Quick’ and ‘The Big Pitch’ are truly integrated campaigns.”
To view the applications, visit the Club’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub or follow the Club on Twitter:www.twitter.com/campandcaravan
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)