Experience the Mystical Land of the Midnight Sun
Search Press Releases
Thursday 16 September 2010
The Mystical Land of the Midnight Sun
Campers can enjoy the trip of a lifetime on an escorted tour around Iceland and the Faroe Islands with The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Worldwide Travel Service, Carefree.
The 33-day tour departs on June 12, 2011 and travels anti-clockwise around the Vikings’ thermal, volcanic and glacial wonderland before returning on July 11.
On route, campers can experience steaming mud pools at Lake Mývatn, enjoy whale watching from Húsavik and view breathtaking glaciers at Skaftafell National Park.
Richard Grimsdale, The Club’s Travel Services Director, is enthusiastic about the trip and said: “Carefree offer some fantastic holidays and our Midnight Sun Tour is perfect for campers with the desire to explore.
“Club Tour guides, Geoff and Jennie Dawson, have a brilliant knowledge of the area and campers can expect to be immersed in local culture and tradition.
“We endeavour to customise every holiday to meet our members’ needs from booking ferries, campsites and insurance to a fully inclusive holiday.
“So whether you decide to take a dip in the breathtaking Blue Lagoon or visit the mighty Gullfoss waterfall, our Midnight Sun Tour is tailored to create memories to last a lifetime.”
The trip costs from around £5,000 which is based on two people sharing a motorhome or caravan. It also includes the cost of ferry travel from the UK to Iceland via Denmark and the Faroe Islands.
For further information, telephone 0845 130 7701 or visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/iceland to download a full tour itinerary.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site