Double Delight for the Camping and Caravanning Club
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s highly successful New to Camping campaign has been shortlisted in the prestigious 2010 CIPR PRide Awards.
New to Camping has been recognised in two categories – Not-for-Profit and Consumer Relations – ahead of the Midlands PRide Awards Dinner at The Hilton Metropole in Birmingham on Friday, December 3.
The Club’s New to Camping campaign, which is endorsed by TV Presenter Julia Bradbury and Club President and botanist David Bellamy, has raised even further the profile of camping and caravanning amongst the general public as well as helping to demystify any misperceptions about camping on Club sites.
A showcase two-day spectacle was held at Warwick Castle in June whilst The Club also teamed up with Volkswagen to give away a VW California worth over £40,000 on GMTV in the lead-up to the event. Celebrities Anna Ryder-Richardson and Ainsley Harriott fronted the competition.
A comprehensive ‘New to Camping’ area within the Club’s official website to help get people started is available via www.newtocamping.co.uk
The Club’s PR Manager Jon Dale is delighted to have made the shortlist this year and said: "Being shortlisted is a tremendous achievement.
"Our New to Camping campaign has been judged by leading PR experts to be amongst the best in the UK and that is a great morale-booster for our team.
"The Club plays an important role within the outdoor industry in that it can help to shape consumer opinion, inform, provide trust and inspiration as well as help manufacturers, retailers and dealers to weather what are still difficult times for many."
There were 1,221 entries this year for the PRide Awards, which is the only awards scheme which showcases the best PR work being carried out across the UK regions and nations.
Jay O’Connor, CIPR President, added:
"The CIPR PRide Awards are a celebration of PR achievement and a showcase of campaigns implemented by the best of the best from across the UK.
"I offer my congratulations to all those who have reached this stage of the competition. Now more than ever, demonstrating the value of what we do, and the positive impact we have, is tremendously important. Thank you to all involved – the entrants, judges and teams."
Others shortlisted in the Midlands Not-for-Profit category include: the British Heart Foundation (Red for Heart - Campaign from the Heart of England), Mansfield's Heroes Memorial Fund (March for Mansfield's Heroes), and the PDSA PR Team (PDSA Lend a Paw Week).
Included in the Consumer Relations Midlands shortlist are: Bright PR (Don’t Throw It All Away), Bright PR (Killer Potholes), McCann Erickson Communications House (Parker Christmas), Smarts (Bridgestone Driving Nation) and Willoughby Public Relations (Christmas at Warwick Castle).
For further media information or images, please contact us:
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site