Search Press Releases
Tuesday 26 October 2010
Certificated Site Bryncoch Farm has come up with a novel idea for campers looking for a relaxing get-away all year round.
Site owner Trevor Richardson invented “The Log Pod”, a movable camping pod that can be moved between pitches as necessary. This innovatively designed pod can also be connected to onsite electrics and includes heating and insulation.
Mr Richardson says, “Log Pods are the ultimate green, ecologically desirable, environmentally friendly ‘glam’ camping experience.”
The Log Pods are also raised off the floor, which makes them a more attractive option during some of Britain’s notoriously wetter summers.
Tested at Bryncoch Farm, the log pods are already a hit with the campers, as the site guestbook attests. To book a stay in one of the pods at Bryncoch Farm, call 07759 725 507.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- Five ‘Van Site Certification - The Law: Under the Town and Country Planning General Development Order 1977, sites accommodating no more than five caravans can be granted an exemption certificate which exempts them from the provisions of the Public Health Act 1936 and the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site