Club Sites Rewarded with High Tourist Board Ratings
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s 110 Club Sites have continued to impress in the recent Tourist Board star ratings awarded by VisitEngland, VisitScotland, and the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.
Bellingham and Conkers Camping and Caravanning Club Sites have both been upgraded to five stars, taking the total number of Club Sites achieving five star ratings to 21.
These Sites are; Barnard Castle, Bellingham, Blackmore, Boroughbridge, Cannock Chase, Charmouth, Conkers, Delamere Forest, Delamont Country Park, Dunbar, Eskdale, Folkestone, Hereford, Kingsbury Water Park, Oswestry, Sandringham, Scarborough, Tarland, Teversal, West Runton and Windermere.
Eighty-one percent of Club Sites achieved four or five star ratings in the prestigious assessment scheme, which aims to give an indication of accommodation standard, cleanliness, ambience, hospitality and service.
Sites Director, Bob Hill was elated with the ratings and said: “It’s a fantastic result for the Club as a whole and it really reflects all of the hard work that we have put in to make our Club Sites safe and enjoyable holiday destinations.
“On behalf of the Club, I would like to say a big thank you to our Holiday Site Managers and their Assistants for their continued dedication which undoubtedly helped us achieve our outstanding star ratings.
“The Club’s Site Network is currently going through a £29 million development, upgrade and improvement programme; so this is a really pleasing result and has given us a benchmark to continue to build upon.
He added: “There has never been a better time to experience camping and we hope our commended ratings will convince campers to place their trust in us as an organisation.”
The success story didn’t end there as The Club’s Troutbeck, Eskdale and Teversal Franchise Sites received AA five star pennants.
Skye, Cheddar, Hereford, Corfe Castle and Bellingham Camping and Caravanning Club Sites achieved four star gradings.
AA rated accommodation is assessed under a set of common quality standards agreed by the AA and the UK tourist authorities (VisitEngland, VisitScotland, VisitWales and the Northern Ireland Tourist Board).
For further information visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site