Enjoy Hassle Free Holidays with The Camping and Caravanning Club
As air safety and security issues and the rise in UK airport departure tax dominate the media spotlight, The Camping and Caravanning Club continues to provide the perfect alternative to holidaying abroad.
The Club offers campers the choice of 108 award-winning Club Sites, located in some of the UK’s most beautiful areas.
Additionally the Club has agreed to manage Forest Holidays Caravan and Camping Sites from March 2011, in a partnership with the Forestry Commission, adding an extra 5,522 pitches to the site network.
Currently, a family deal (two adults and up to four children – exclusive to members staying on a Club Site), costs, on average, just £17.50 per night for a standard pitch (mid-season).
Matthew Eastlake, the Club’s Marketing & Communications Director, said: “Domestic holidays remain a popular option, helped by the ever growing cost of air travel.
“In light of these uncertain times, we have frozen our site fee prices (excluding VAT) on all of our UK Club Sites for the first time in 10 years with the aim of providing an inexpensive, affordable way for both new and experienced campers to holiday.
“The continued expansion and development of our site network has enabled us to continue to offer campers innovative new ways to explore the great outdoors in locations that are closer to home.”
Bookings for 2011 open to Club members today (Thursday, November 4). The Club will also take bookings for Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites from this date.
To stay on one of our UK Club Sites telephone: 0845 130 7701 and 024 7642 2024 or visit the Club’s website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
To book a pitch on any of the Forest Holiday Caravan & Camping Sites telephone: 0845 130 8224 or 0247 642 3008 or book via the website: www.forestholidays.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 108 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site