Club Achieves a Full Flush in Loo of the Year Gradings
The Camping and Caravanning Club has once again achieved high grades in the 2010 Loo of the Year Awards.
Ninety per cent of Club Sites entered (19) were awarded impressive five-star grades in the Holiday Parks and Camping and Touring Sites category.
The five-star Club Sites are: Barnard Castle, Chertsey, Chichester, Dunbar, Folkestone, Glencoe, Kessingland, Milarrochy Bay, Salisbury, Sandringham, Scarborough, Scone, West Runton, Cheddar, Hereford, Polstead, Skye, Charmouth, Dartmouth.
Additionally, Eskdale and Ravenglass Club Sites also achieved commendable four-star grades.
The Awards, which are run independently and promoted by the British Toilet Association, encourage the highest possible standards in all types of ‘away from home’ toilets throughout the UK.
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director was impressed by the results and said: “As a Club, we pride ourselves on providing fantastic, clean facilities for all campers.
“It’s encouraging to see so many of our sites achieving five-stars and this number will only increase as our £29 million site development, improvement and upgrade programme continues to further enhance our facilities.”
The Club’s five-star entries will be entered into the National Loo of the Awards 2010 which will be held on Friday, December 3, at the Chesford Grange Hotel, Kenilworth.
Grading Certificates and National Awards will be announced and presented on the day.
For more information please visit: www.loo.co.uk
To stay on any of the Club’s award-winning sites, bookings can be made via the Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or via the website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 108 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)