Club Benefits from Summer Heatwave
Search Press Releases
Monday 24 May 2010
The Camping and Caravanning Club has seen a surge in bookings for the Spring Bank Holiday weekend as the country basks in the midst of a summer heatwave.
Since only last Monday (May 17), there has been a six per cent increase in bookings on Club Sites for the period Friday, May 28 to Sunday, May 30.
Sites in Scotland (18 Club Sites) and Wales (five Club Sites) have seen the largest rise of nine per cent and eight per cent respectively whilst there has also been a healthy interest in Central England (five per cent increase) as well as the south-east and south-west (both six per cent).
The surge comes just days before the start of the 10th anniversary of National Camping and Caravanning Week (May 29 to June 4) as well as The Club’s New to Camping event at Warwick Castle (June 2/3) where TV Presenter Julia Bradbury and Club President and botanist David Bellamy will be in attendance.
Director General Robert Louden said: “The weather over the weekend was quite incredible and our Club Sites were extremely busy with both campers and caravanners, who were keen to get out and explore and make the most of the soaring temperatures.
“Bookings for the bank holiday are also looking encouraging – let’s just hope that the good weather continues and we finally get the barbecue summer that we’ve been promised for a while now.
“With the wider concerns about travel safety, there is nothing like a stress free domestic holiday in the sun.”
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site