Triumph for New to Camping Event
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s New to Camping event held at Warwick Castle has been declared a huge success for the second consecutive year.
The event ran over two days as part of National Camping and Caravanning Week (June 2 & 3).
Club President David Bellamy and Countryfile Television Presenter Julia Bradbury, who are known for their love of the outdoors lifestyle, both camped under the stars within the Castle grounds on the Wednesday night.
Bradbury said: “Once again, The Club’s New to Camping event was a massive success, encouraging more people to experience camping and the outdoors.
“I am a big fan of ‘glamping’ (glamorous camping) and as manufacturers continue to develop their products, camping is becoming a luxurious pastime.
“I would encourage everyone to try it. The opportunity to meet new friends, get closer to nature and have some fun is too exciting to ignore.”
Bellamy added: “The preservation of wildlife and reducing the country’s carbon footprint is imperative. Camping is the perfect solution.
“Get your tents ready and go and explore our beautiful countryside. With over 100 award-winning Club Sites, The Club has the perfect site for everyone. Carry on Camping!”
As temperatures soared up to 26 degrees centigrade, thousands of visitors poured through the Castle’s gates, with the Pageant Field being the base for the event.
A vast assortment of tents and camping paraphernalia from some of the country’s leading camping manufacturers and retailers were on show, with their experts providing valuable camping advice.
Both Bellamy and Bradbury mingled with new and experienced campers throughout the two days.
Bellamy led a number of popular nature walks around the Castle grounds whilst Bradbury spoke of her Wainwright and South Africa walking experiences and her path into the world of television.
Children were also catered for with a bouncy castle, free face-painting, Jofli Bear treasure hunts and colouring competitions.
The Club’s Director General Robert Louden, was enthusiastic about the event and said: “It was a fantastic two days as leading camping retailers and manufacturers joined The Club to promote the outdoors lifestyle.
“As camping continues to thrive, it’s all set to be a busy summer.”
The New to Camping campaign was launched by The Club in May 2009 and aims to bring new and experienced campers together to celebrate and experience the adventure of the great outdoors.
Campers and caravanners can find further information by visiting the website, www.newtocamping.co.uk or follow links from www.thecampingandcaravanningclub.co.uk .
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site